MacRetro chat and rides thread

Better fork all the way.
Bag of Haribo or 200ml of water is roughly half a pound.

I used to swap the forks on my Ibis between fox 32 and 36, but the 36 just felt so much stiffer and plusher that I sold the 32's. 3/4lb difference and no lockout for climbs but the steering and bump performance is just so much better.

Less weight is nice but I'd never compromise performance for lower weight. You may as well fit a rigid fork.

Yeah, a half pound is neither here nor there. ASo I say whatever one gives a better ride and feels right to you.

Jamie

While in chat and rides I hope everyone had a good Christmas, was safe and healthy.
I also wish everyone a safe and happy new year, I think 2015 will be a good one for us all.

Jamie

Re:

More MacRetro Tech Chat :)

I've got 3 or 4 good quality wheel sets but I'm needing a front wheel that takes a 15mm axle
and all of my wheel sets are QR wheels. I believe Hope wheels can be converted, can other
brands do the same? I'm no explaining this very well :?

Hi Rob
You would have to change the internals to accomodate a thicker axle would you not?
I know on my modern Surly hubs, one of them is quick release but to convert it needs the conversion kit which consists of new spacers, axle and bearings. The cost here in the UK is prohibitive as I can buy a new hub for £15 more, suppose it saves me relacing the wheel. This though is just to convert a quick release axle through to a bolt on, is that what you mean or have I got this totally arse about?

Jamie

Back