MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re: Re:

kaiser":uws0lneh said:
Not many frames using that size then rob, have you checked the manufacturers own archive or bikepedia?
Tried them, pretty much drew a blank there :?

BUT! I've been rollin aboot the flair all morning.
I re-tried the newer 31.6mm still no joy, then tried a used/worn 31.6mm it went in 'kin snug "phew".
Torch oot looked down the seat tube, I could see patches of corrosion (that thing when you mix two metals) not rust. Oot with the wet'n'dry + a wee touch of oil, then some green nylon pad to polish it up. Then got the newer seat post + a wee film of grease, FM I've never seen tolerance like it on a seat post its like a piston in a cylinder. That fecker ain't gonna shift when its been ridden :facepalm:

I have two 31.6 mm posts in the shed.
One has a tag attached saying tight fit. Neither are likely to be used again as they were off the S Works and or M2 so if you want the non tight one just PM me your address. If it fits good, if not sit in front of the telly with a sheet of wet and dry and work away till it does.

Jamie

Jamie

Re:

Thanks guys it "looks" like its sorted now (fingers crossed) I'll get the new 31.6mm ordered up ASAP.
I had another look round the net "again" this afternoon and its looking like that is the right size.

Cheers :)

Re:

:xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin:

RBAY Mr P. ;)

Right. Looking to pick the MacRetro brain. I know a couple of you are experienced in canoes so looking for some advice on where to start. Where to get info etc.
I'm a complete novice though I did learn to kayak when I was about 11. Probably thinking about an open canoe for river use, something that I can maybe take the wee man on when he is a bit older. So any tips and hints appreciated. ;)

Re:

For family canoeing an open canoe would be best so you've already decided that. :mrgreen:
Almost all of my experience comes from slalom and white-water both racing and running big water, in a K1 kayak.
Have a look here, http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/forum.php? loads of info and friendly advice. There seems to be more than a fair number of us Scots on there too so you might know a couple of them, me and The Ken. :cool:
We bought an open canoe a few years ago to paddle on Loch Leven and elsewhere but the elsewhere hasn't happened much.
Ours was an eBay auction 2nd hand but guy was up north on edge of Cairngorms somewhere. Collected it on the roof of my wife's Panda, a 17'6" canoe on a Panda. :shock:

Re:

OK,
smiley-couple-fishing.gif
I'll bite.
Whit?

Back