MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Re:

Thanks dear.
e14502.gif

But should that no be "slack arsed faggots"?

Re:

Looking good. With those bars and that gearing it's looking like a right rock crawler trialsy thing, is it singlespeed? Looks super low anyway. What bag is that?

Re: Re:

zigzag":1qywzv1q said:
kaiser":1qywzv1q said:
ZZ have you gone for the blue or the yella then?
Went for Large Blue with anywhere cage mounts. Swithered briefly about the yellow, but the blue will work better with the blue bits already on the Mary (including the fat front wheel). Yourself?

Yella med and anything mounts:)thought about the blue but realised all the ideas in my head were with the yellow. Going to try to do a full buzzy bee black and yellow.

Re: Re:

kaiser":ygipitpj said:
Looking good. With those bars and that gearing it's looking like a right rock crawler trialsy thing, is it singlespeed? Looks super low anyway. What bag is that?

Cheers. ;)
Nah, not singlespeed. Alfine 8. I did want to singlespeed it but it is just not practical for the riding I do, so hub gear was the best option. Bottom gear is the same as it was with the 2x9 so super crawly. I loose out on top gear but I'm no bothered about that.

The bag is an Epic/Revelate wan. Shocking price but very nicely built. I'm not gonna say it is worth the money, but it is better quality than the Alpkit one I have for the Genesis. Mind, it would need to be at not far off 3x the price if you pay full retail over here! :shock:

Looking good and sounding really well sorted now FFTC.
The Revelate bags do look really nicely made.
A Moonie will one day be on my radar I think. I did have a couple of rides on the Ice Cream Truck the other week, pretty nice ride but with all the new sizes for hubs, BB etc theres little chance of a parts bin build, though you can buy /option a fork that will let you use existing Moonlander wheels. Replaceable dropouts so it can be either geared or a quick change and in go the singlespeed sliders :)

Jamie

Cheers Jamie. Yup, think it fits its purpose perfectly now. ;)

ICT looks quite nice in the pics I've seen. New modular dropout system Surly are moving to looks like a much better option than the track ends. Easier for everyone but still with all the choices. A couple of things about the ICT I would be a bit wary of though. As you say, 190 hubs don't allow for parts box (or budget) builds. Press fit, 130 BB is something I would take some convincing about too. Time will tell.

Looks like a nice machine, but it won't be kicking my Moonie out of bed just yet! :LOL:

Well it finally arrived. Custom build 907 in black with red bling. Actually not as heavy as I thought it would be but first impressions are good.

Shakedown trundle the morra afore holidays.

Pics to follow

keithyr":34rap5cp said:
Well it finally arrived. Custom build 907 in black with red bling. Actually not as heavy as I thought it would be but first impressions are good. You will say if ma erse looks big on it lads :?

Shakedown trundle the morra afore holidays.

Pics to follow

With all the fatbikes in here, I think we're going to have to have a retro fatbike section.

Even though they are still relatively recent, there's been some fast evolution and having a retro section may help preserve some of the earlier fatbikes.

Latest posts

Back