MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Kaiser, dear me, they say I'm a retro grouch and your advocating past history tech for a fatbike. Pugsleys are fine bikes but are not hugely inovative. Bring on Hydroformed alloy and carbon I say plus full sus fatbikes !!!
907 rocks by the way Keith :cool:

lots of great info lads, cheers.

main decision is whether i sell/split the zaskar to help fund the fat as i prob wont ride it much,

Not a retro grouch V, but I'm not sure what the 907 offers over the Pug in real terms? A bit of weight*? As for carbon I reckon its brilliant if its what your after, I'd say a carbon fat bike is quite a specific requirement all the same and probably out of Keith's budget. No at the moment I don't see much out there better than the Pug, especially the new ltd ed Special ops(or maybe the Genesis). After that I'd be looking at the Carver O Beast then something like that custom 44 bikes number.

* I appreciate me being so flippant with any kind of weight saving flies in the face of what I've been doing myself with bikes for a long time but really its not top of the agenda when I'm thinking about a fat bike.

zigzag":2tn6n3ll said:
I'm probably waiting for the Chinese manufacturers to start knocking out $400 fat frames.

I've seen posts suggesting $800 for F+F. $120 for rims.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back