MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

My advice is phone triton to check they actually have it before ordering! I have bought bike from them before, but also been stung by the fantasy stock list!

At the £1000 end of the market there is not a huge choice, as you have found. The On-One fatty seems a decent bike built to a price with the components. If you buy one there is a strong chance you will upgrade various parts, and then the question is whether you have a better bike than one you could have bought for the same amount in the first place. I'm pretty sure the Charge will fall into the same bracket.

Go up into the next price range and you are looking at proven performers like the Mukluk or Pugs, and new boy offerings from Genesis, possibly Singular, Trek, Kona etc.

Genesis looks nice, and they do make great bikes, but I think they missed a trick with the tubeset!

Mukluk 3 looks a good buy with the 2014 ones coming with the bearpaw fork that was on the alloy beargrease. So much so I am tempted to build one up as a weight weenie ss! :LOL:

As always, you pays yer money.....

I do like the Caribou but they still aren't available and don't seem to have a release date - can't you see this is an impulse purchase :)

Maybe worth signing up for the fatbikes site and keeping an eye on the for sale section? 5 week old Medium Maxi just went for £700, although he had to drop the price because of the Triton deal.

yes saw that, been a member there since last April, just hiding though. Probably not a good time to find one given the time of year.

RobMac":3m1395ah said:
YYYAAAAWWWNN! :|
Is this the same Rob that PM'd me with the title Fat Bike, then deleted it before I could read it?

Mukluk 3 does look a good buy, if you can stretch the budget a bit. Do agree that with both the Charge and Fatty you'd end up spending a bit more changing a couple of bits quite soon after buying.

Back