Looking to get back into mountainbiking - advice needed!

Perry - I used to race in the same team as Jason back in the 90's - looking back they were great times! I used to train like an idiot!

I know alot of places to ride around here and at the mo riding a trek fuel 80 but looking to get an old frame to build up and hack around.

Can't wait to get one!
But first, can't wait till payday!! :D

cool , any idea if superted is still there ?

have you started the obligatory trawling through the readers bikes sections from the last pages yet ? :LOL:

im sure you will find more than a few things that take your eye

Hey guys..

I used to ride for Paignton cyles, then Chris Hopkins.

Jason now left BikinMotion too..

Brixham to Torquay..with t under the bridge??

are there bike shops in paignton?, i work there and i only know colin lewis cycles which is ok but abit road bike orientated for me although they did seem to like my 531 carlton when i took it in looking for a part i needed. i bought my dmr from simply the bike in tqy they seemed cool and did a good deal...

i had to google it but it was on winner street , ah that was a good shop , had bmx stuff too when it wasnt quite so popular . winner street was great , i remember the sex shop before it was bought out :LOL:

there is bus station man on the one way before the lime tree ( kin ell i remembered where something was :LOL: )

i used to know kev who used to own simply , rode with that lot a few times

this isnt making living in lincs any easier :cry:

perry":2eimp9y6 said:
i had to google it but it was on winner street , ah that was a good shop , had bmx stuff too when it wasnt quite so popular . winner street was great , i remember the sex shop before it was bought out :LOL:

there is bus station man on the one way before the lime tree ( kin ell i remembered where something was :LOL: )

i used to know kev who used to own simply , rode with that lot a few times

this isnt making living in lincs any easier :cry:

i live in exeter and travel to paignton to work so i dont really know it that well...winner st is the one at the top of palace avenue yeh?
'bus station man' - is that the second hand/bike hire place if you walk through the bus station from the railway station, it comes out on a one way bit... if so he's cool an old guy he supplies me with odd bolts and stuff when i dont want to buy a whole pack and generally very helpful with things like removing rusted in BB cups and similar.
Paignton's dying on its arse we're doing ok but there's so many empty shops though i did hear today that poundland is going in the road where the post office is... oh joy :roll:

perry said:

Glad you liked Paignton Cycles! I was the main mechanic/wheel builder there for 5-6 years upto the year the owner retired!! I was also the one in charge of BMX stock!! You may have seen my wheels rolling around with "Handbuilt by Will at Paignton Cycles"!!!!
Happy Days!! You also mention Bikinmotion, I was there too, outback lol! But 'Superted' must of been the guy that replaced me, I fix (Try!!!) Cars now!! Still build/true wheels mind!!

Torbay

Jason burkett sold bikinmotion last year he now works for land rover bikes,he now plays football and spends the weekend with his kids.Blonde haired stu has gone to college it's just craig fish at the shop now. Sent pm about weekend rides better go now it's nearly four in the morning cheers kirbdug

Back