L'Eroica Britannia - Report & Photos; lets here your tales..

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
andy---doe":1nytxrxf said:
Yes you may be right - but both my vintage bikes have glued on tubs and I don't have any spare cvintage clincher wheels - though I will get some.

Interestingly though, both punctures were while on the road and the second bike didn't do any of the rough off road segments.

Yep the roads round here aren't the best for tubs either, I just run clinchers on all my bikes as my racing days are several decades behind me!

Montello":8034w4hc said:
here you go ... gives an overview of my weekend ...

************************/l-eroica-brita ... view.shtml

Great report and photos, the fantastic weather clearly helped a lot but it sounds like a really top event.

Clearly my earlier cynicism/pessimism were well wide of the mark (that said, a recently broken wrist would have stopped me taking part anyway) so will definitely need to keep an eye on for 2015 as would make a great consecutive weekend double header with the RetroRonde (which I entered again this year but had to miss out on because of the wrist).

ededwards":w15owa3w said:
Montello":w15owa3w said:
here you go ... gives an overview of my weekend ...

************************/l-eroica-brita ... view.shtml

Great report and photos, the fantastic weather clearly helped a lot but it sounds like a really top event.

Thanks ... the weather was freakish based on my limited experience of the Peak District ... 3 dry days and 20 C :D

I think if we'd have had 3 wet days then it would have been very different.

I don't think even rain would have dampened the spirits of everyone too much, everyone was just so set on enjoying it.

pigman":2jbg7qa8 said:
Montello":2jbg7qa8 said:
In addition to the signage I also had a garmin in my pocket with the route on which I referenced a few times ....
booo, gerroff ... unless it was a pre-87 Garmin of course :LOL:
Had a Polar RX3 on my wrist as it is the most retro watches I own, looks like one of those huge Casio digital watches from the 80s while doing a lot more of course! But in my defence it was only recording, would be time to give up life if couldn't navigate the course in my head!

pigman":2poubjpl said:
Montello":2poubjpl said:
In addition to the signage I also had a garmin in my pocket with the route on which I referenced a few times ....
booo, gerroff ... unless it was a pre-87 Garmin of course :LOL:

Yeah ... I guess you ride with a pre-87 mobile in your pocket too ...

USBRetroMobileMP3Player_3_640.jpg

Ha ha, I actually once did have to ride with one of those. I was carrying it for a senior business exec who was on standby for a company takeover. He was older and fatter than me. Wish I could say that now.

dutchbiker":lnyx8xoi said:
Great report. Really looks as a great event. Great accomplishment for a start. Will consider to attend next year.
There were certainly a lot of your counrymen there this year, though I think the Peak District hills came as a bit of a shock to some of them!

Back