L'Eroica Britannia 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Re: Re:

bagpuss":1rgwxt8h said:
As long as we meet in a pub :LOL:

There is a substantial beer tent at the event with very fine ales.

ian.r.mcdonald":2pl8f0mt said:
and the stewards spending loads of time stopping the non entrants trying to ride the course

Without appearing thick - how could they stop people from riding on public routes and rights of way?

Please enlighten me :? :)

Old Ned":vdy98kwi said:
ian.r.mcdonald":vdy98kwi said:
and the stewards spending loads of time stopping the non entrants trying to ride the course

Without appearing thick - how could they stop people from riding on public routes and rights of way?

Please enlighten me :? :)
He is referring to the Italian event.

Little to stop a non-payer riding the UK event but I think you'd be missing out on the festival. It's not that much.

Re:

Apparently they were selling one day tickets for about 5 or 10 quid a day I think.

So if you really wanted to see the festival you could buy a cheap festival ticket and do the ride for free as well.

Johnsqual":7p68qv5o said:
Apparently they were selling one day tickets for about 5 or 10 quid a day I think.

So if you really wanted to see the festival you could buy a cheap festival ticket and do the ride for free as well.

Yep you could freeload the event ... nothing to stop that ... plenty of freeloaders in this world.

I'd assume anyone doing that would at least have the decency to not avail themselves of the feed stations; but probably not.

You may find yourself prevented from entering the private grounds of Chatsworth.

Re:

A Great event, I did the 100 and enjoyed the majority of it though a couple of the downhill sections on the Bridleways were a bit hairy to say the least.

Was the first time I had ridden 100 miles or anywhere near since 1996 and would put the reason for getting round as comfortable as i did was the camaraderie with all the other cyclists i met on the route.

i don't know if he is a member on this site but one particular cyclist, Tom from Stanstead, who i met just after the first stop in Tideswell gave lots of encouragement and was a pleasure to ride with.

Speaking of the Tideswell stop, I had the Bacon sandwich there which was so substantial, it did not digest fully till two days later.

Definitely be doing it again next year, loved almost every minute though will train beforehand and have a better gear ratio on my Gios Torino.

Regards.

Keith.

Back