Kona Of The Month

Which of these kona's floats your boat...

• Heathys 88 Fire Mountain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mr Zero’s 98 Hei Hei

• Speedplay’s 99 Chute

• Ameybrooks limey Lavadome

• Clockwork Davo’s 92’ish Lavadome

• Mr Zero’s 95 Kilauea

• Super Swin’s 88 Explosif

• Sunchasers 98 Kilauea

• Tall Paul’s 92 lavadome

• Drapoon’s hei hei

• Jerky’s 93 Explosif

• Yo Crashy’s Hot

• Hilts’ 90 Explosif

• Cce’s 96 Lavadome

• Cass’s 95 Hei He

• Messiah’s 95 Explosif

• BikePerv’s pinktastic 90 Explosif

• Snooks’ 90 fire mountain

• Andrewl’s King Kahuna

• Keando’s CinderCone

• BikePimp’s Hei Hei

• Fernand naudin’s 98 King Kahuna

• Dookie’s King Kahuna

• Kase's Hot Hot Hot

• Total voters
Cherrymatt":3f1403fm said:
Corrrect, it was a close call but you can't have all that pink and no cosmic bar bag or pads can you. :D
And perhaps a Bula hat draped over the handle bars

So it had to be yours!!

Hmmmmm! I kind of see your point but...
...Ok, make some suggestions!

One of those shoudler bag/pad combo things would be horrible but so right!! :LOL:

Feel guilty now may have to vote for yours as well!!

BikePimps looks really nice.......such a shame the forks made me do it..... I'm not a ti lover and not a heihei fan but this combo....:shock:

Cheers,
Martin

Anthony":3q4iokyg said:
The one that still has me rather puzzled is Mr Zero’s Kilauea. The decals are definitely 95 not 94 because ‘mountain shock’ doesn’t have the K in the middle as it did in 94. But Mr Zero’s decals are pure grey whereas the other 95 Kilaueas I’ve seen have a blue tinge, and he has ‘mountain shock’ on his top tube where the others I’ve seen say ‘race light’. The bike itself has a ‘Tange Prestige Concept CroMo tapered oval double-butted tubes’ sticker but seems to have little or no ovalisation of the top and down tubes, whereas in others it’s quite pronounced. Look at this poor injured little thing, needing some kind soul to give it a new lease of life. Definitely a 95 Kilauea, but it doesn’t look quite the same as Mr Zero’s bike to me.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=007

Oh no, is this still undecided?! I'm pretty much certain it's a 95. When my bike was stock the decals were pure silver. Mine came with P2s so had 'Race Light' decals but if you ordered the optional sus fork you got a 'Mountain Shock' decal. This is why the Race Light/Mountain Shock decals weren't under the lacquer like all the other decals- when the frames were painted they didn't know which one was going to be used!

The top tube in his picture on this thread looks ovalised to me, see how it appears to taper from the head tube end to the seat tube end?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Geoff":3w393nxg said:
Mine came with P2s so had 'Race Light' decals but if you ordered the optional sus fork you got a 'Mountain Shock' decal.
Well I've never heard that before! You do surprise me.

This is why the Race Light/Mountain Shock decals weren't under the lacquer like all the other decals- when the frames were painted they didn't know which one was going to be used!
Mine are under the lacquer. But maybe there was no option on mine.

The top tube in his picture on this thread looks ovalised to me, see how it appears to taper from the head tube end to the seat tube end?
No. No more than the effect of perspective and not as much as the side-on pictures of your bike or the size 16 one.

Still, I expect I'm wrong and you learn something new every day (unless you're dead). "if you ordered the optional sus fork you got a 'Mountain Shock' decal" Well I never did, just fancy that. The accountants must have had the day off on the day they took that decision!

02052007122_medium_190.jpg

green30sv.gif

Please to let me know what those wheels do be / where I can get a set?

Back