Knebworth Race in 1991??

player

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Who remembers this race back in summer 1991 at Knebworth house and have you got a copy of it :LOL:

It looked like a fast course with a bomb hole in it and remember Daryl hannah crashing his rc100 in it and you had the Raleigh boys, Mad cows and Hemming and Mcroy dossing about in their gay stars and stripes shorts :LOL:

I remember the shorts at least...

One of my riding mates sported a pair for the next three years or so...

To be fair, they actually were pretty cool I thought... [for something with a USA flag all across anyway].

Knebworth

Darryl Hannah's crash ended up on You've Been Framed.

It was supposed to be a really big event but hardly anyone turned up.

Re: Knebworth

antiqueman":366ybndg said:
Darryl Hannah's crash ended up on You've Been Framed.

It was supposed to be a really big event but hardly anyone turned up.

Yeah i remember they kept on showing it for years :LOL:

I remember i think Paul Hinton and Gary Coltman riding for Raleigh, its just a shame its not on Youtube.

Come on someone must have it on VHS at least :LOL:

Only a year late to this thread. :)
I'm just writing my editorial about it for Singletrack and wondered if anyone else had mentioned it. I was there too! It was the first time I'd ever seen a purple Ringlé skewer… :)

I was racing. It was an odd race. Fully catered, with deluxe pasta party, TV coverage (commentated by Phil Liggett) and the Raleigh team showed up. There was a qualifier race on the Saturday and then Sunday's race, due to the TV cameras, was shortened to 17 laps of a one mile loop. I was third over the line (having been lapped about 10 times)

First time I saw Mike Jackson's Yeti Ultimate, and Dave Hemming's red, white and yellow DOGSBOLX, complete with (fully aluminium) prototype Pace suspension forks… Happy days. Although I did grind off the corner of my purple Grafton cranks off on the skate park there…

I think my father may still have some photos of it, :? Im sure Dave was riding his white spider though..? I seem to remember the forks and not ever realising they where a prototype, I was a little taken a back by the weight of the whole thing to be fair. :oops:

Latest posts

Back