Jobs you love and jobs you hate

In middle of my virgin rebuild and sanding/prepping frame for re-spray would be top at the moment, although rewarding to compare old with newly smooth bits. Next will be actual spraying and then faff of refitting headset cups.
Anyway, it's all better than normal work!

Magura rim and worst and best, I have a spare pair of brand new pads solely for the purpose of aligning the rim bits which is always a headache, but then I love getting it right, and I took great satisfaction of bleeding a pair first time the last time I did that!

Raging_Bulls":5s4t1h2a said:
Can't you just use one syringe at the caliper and a small reservoir on the lever end?
I used to bleed my motorcycle brakes like that. Just pull the oil through with the syringe and fill up the reservoir before it's empty. Only in this case it would be a remote reservoir plugged in where the top syringe is supposed to go.

yes, i tried that after making my own 5 mm bleed nipple - cannot get the brakes to be firm - co0onclude there is somthing wron g with them ..... fortunately is not my bike and the owner does no maintenacne whatsoever - my maguras/shimano/avid/formula/hayes hydrauolic brakes are spot on. it is most perplexing. :?

Thanks for that.Its just reminded me my 4th hand tool is missing :? Sod knows where it is.
Not thats its much good for discs :LOL:

Anything you need* (*read wish you had evolved to be this way to make said bike task sooooooo much easier)...

THREE bloody hands for!!!

I love bj's(you said 'jobs', right?) but I hate setting up Canti's. My brake feel/pull/travel has to be perfect or i'd rather walk.

Back