Jobs you love and jobs you hate

frantik":2lrfpm2p said:
Keewee":2lrfpm2p said:
As far as things I don't enjoy......greasing hub bearing kinda makes me loose the will to live!!!! :?

the whole process of cleaning, regreasing and adjusting hubs is one of my least favorite things..

Buy decent ones, and you shouldnt have to. My M950's have had one service in 14 years, and that was only the rear, last year. Regular inspection, but never needed any work as such

Anyway, I find it quite cathartic and satisfying

G

unkleGsif":1vxkc34h said:
frantik":1vxkc34h said:
Keewee":1vxkc34h said:
As far as things I don't enjoy......greasing hub bearing kinda makes me loose the will to live!!!! :?

the whole process of cleaning, regreasing and adjusting hubs is one of my least favorite things..

Buy decent ones, and you shouldnt have to.

I used to rehabilitate old bikes, so I had to grease a lot of hubs

Setting up cantilever pads. I loathe it so much that I actually walk the bike to my LBS and let him sort it out.

Apparently he doesn't like it either, because whenever I arrive there with another bike, he suggests putting V-brakes on instead. :LOL:

legrandefromage":2dl8sr8l said:
cleaning 20 years of neglect from a bike and its components.

That's the bit I love most. Give me a junkyard and a few hundred bottles of degreaser, and I'm happy.

Adjusting cup and cone hubs so that they're just right when the quick release skewer is tightened.

Raging_Bulls":w79xa5sv said:
legrandefromage":w79xa5sv said:
cleaning 20 years of neglect from a bike and its components.

That's the bit I love most. Give me a junkyard and a few hundred bottles of degreaser, and I'm happy.

yeah I love taking a grimey rusty bike and turning it into a bright shiny thing

JeRkY":1z6u7u3z said:
Disconnecting a perfectly well set up and bled disc brake, in order to run through internal routing on a frame. Then having to do the whole connect, fill and bleed process again, and dot fluid is just nasty stuff.

Agreed , it's the only job I hate tackling
Everything else is quite therapeutic to me! I love getting new stuff in the post & tinkering with fittings :oops:

G

Anything to do with cables - gears, brakes - mental block!
Just can't do it.
No patience, so have to pay LBS to do it!

Setting up front mechs :evil:

Everything is just procedure but front mechs belong in the Black Arts :shock:

Back