.....its heeeeere!

Coleman":3o5hx7f3 said:
brocklanders023":3o5hx7f3 said:
I'd have to agree with Ed here - the way that original frame of yours broke was a bit dubious - it could well have been screwed when you bought it.

I reckon so too.

For me the decision whether to build it would depend on resale value.....

Also what are the chances of another crash? If you come off your bike eavery few rides, then maybe hang on to the Al frame - if you have a biggie once every 5 years then build it.

02gf74":3cb08zt4 said:
Coleman":3cb08zt4 said:
brocklanders023":3cb08zt4 said:
I'd have to agree with Ed here - the way that original frame of yours broke was a bit dubious - it could well have been screwed when you bought it.

I reckon so too.

For me the decision whether to build it would depend on resale value.....

Also what are the chances of another crash? If you come off your bike eavery few rides, then maybe hang on to the Al frame - if you have a biggie once every 5 years then build it.

Resale value?? Hard to say...it reatails at £2999 for the complete bike but I would imagine £600-700 maybe a bit more for the frame...What worries me is that it wasn't a bit fall that knackered the last frame but maybe there was more to it than that as has been said. If I can sell the SC and get my money back then the whole excercise has cost me nothing...

Get it built then, I'm genuinely looking forward to it, what's the new build thread to be titled.....

In a Brian Blessed voice or ex factor ( you get the idea :D )

As the fibres settle a new Marin is born..
Etc, etc, etc :roll:

Bpool77":v8jdg82s said:
Get it built then, I'm genuinely looking forward to it, what's the new build thread to be titled.....

In a Brian Blessed voice or ex factor ( you get the idea :D )

As the fibres settle a new Marin is born..
Etc, etc, etc :roll:

You watch too much telly! Phoenix from the (carbon) ashes!

Sell it Doug. The SC is a much better frame for the riding you do.
You said yourself that the riding position is more comfortable, which is because the marin is a frame designed as an xc racer.
With you're back issues I'd looking for comfort over a few grams
Sell the Marin, put the money to one side and then keep your eyes peeled for the ti frame that you really want ;)

Back