.....its heeeeere!

highlandsflyer":t961kkf2 said:
You bought the original bike expecting to have good use of it, and it failed.

Though, strictly speaking, you may not have been entitled to the replacement you received it to replace a failed one.

It is yours to do with what you will, and you need feel no obligation to either keep it or pass any coin on to charity.

At the end of the day you are barely going to scrape back the money you have spent, never mind the time and effort.

Some huge manufacturers are selling goods barely fit for purpose, we don't own them anything.

Thats also true!

brocklanders023":36gbk29p said:
Do it mate, it's a lovely looking frame! :cool:

I wouldn't need to buy anything it would all just bolt back on...and I do like a Marin....

...Any one want a Santa cruz Highball frame! :LOL:

brocklanders023":3u5f13q8 said:
Wasn't having a go Doug, it just seemed a shame to flog it after Marin had gone above and beyond for a fan. To be honest, I don't know what I'd do in the same situation.

If you don't need the money back I'd probably build up the Marin as it's the posher frame. With a bit of luck they'll be a bit tougher now and I always wondered about the frame that broke being kosha after how it failed with so little effort. Keep the SC in case carbon really is mince and the new one snaps!

I'd have to agree with Ed here - the way that original frame of yours broke was a bit dubious - it could well have been screwed when you bought it.

You should get a good price for the SC and then you'd have a Marin better then the one you started with for very little cash. Doooooo it!!!! :twisted:

Coleman":1xzuigy4 said:
brocklanders023":1xzuigy4 said:
Wasn't having a go Doug, it just seemed a shame to flog it after Marin had gone above and beyond for a fan. To be honest, I don't know what I'd do in the same situation.

If you don't need the money back I'd probably build up the Marin as it's the posher frame. With a bit of luck they'll be a bit tougher now and I always wondered about the frame that broke being kosha after how it failed with so little effort. Keep the SC in case carbon really is mince and the new one snaps!

I'd have to agree with Ed here - the way that original frame of yours broke was a bit dubious - it could well have been screwed when you bought it.

Exactly what I thought Adrian. I don't 100% trust carbon but the damage inflicted with such little effort points toward a dodgy frame to me.

Coleman":1qgey5j2 said:
brocklanders023":1qgey5j2 said:

I think I'm going to go with my heart rather than my head! The Marin it is! I too do wonder if the frame had taken a bashing already...at the end of the day if this frame fails then its cost me nothing and then I will know that carbon is defo not for me!

The only minor bugger is that the Marin frame takes a 31.6mm seat post and the Santa Cruz a 30.9mm! And I sold the 31.6mm carbon one to buy the 30.9mm! Doh!

Back