Its an attack! Its a Hawk Trakatak!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just so you know that this is what BSO's looked like many many years ago. The anticipation at christmas or that important birthday with naive parents looking on with big smiles as little Timmy opens his bicycle shaped present...

s-l1600.jpg

needs xtr

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mens-used-mo ... Sw5V1bYa8B

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Can you imagine the bubble of excitement bursting like a fart in a bath when you first see that triple triangle, then the rest, the forced smile, the thank you's through gritted teeth...

Re:

legrandefromage":39i1dg0k said:
Can you imagine the bubble of excitement bursting like a fart in a bath when you first see that triple triangle, then the rest, the forced smile, the thank you's through gritted teeth...

but...but it's a Hawk Trackatak!

As an aside, why do the worstest bikes have such macho names, usually with some kind of animal reference? I'm thinking things like 'Rhino Hillstomper' or 'Rabid Dragon dirt slayer'

Re:

Why mount a rack at such an angle that everything slides off the back? For offering rides to mother-in-law perhaps? Shopping for brussels sprouts? Doing the local paper round.. oops they fell off.. oh well.

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":2sf0setn said:
but...but it's a Hawk Trackatak!

As an aside, why do the worstest bikes have such macho names, usually with some kind of animal reference? I'm thinking things like 'Rhino Hillstomper' or 'Rabid Dragon dirt slayer'
Giving bikes macho names is a marketing strategy. Marketers do that in order to sell bikes, and in the case of the crappy bikes, they do that in order to compensate (or, more correctly, overcompensate) for the fact that it's a crappy bike.

Whether or not they were the most capable, most advanced, winningest race machines ever built, how many bikes would marketers be able sell if those bikes were given names like "Doodleberry Muffin", "Butterfly Wings", or "Baby Giggles".

In my macho voice: "Yeah, I just bought the latest, top of the line, downhill shredding, rock-crushing, full susser from Tippy-Toe Unicorn bikes. It's called the 'Pretty Pink Poodle'. I was thinking of spending the extra money for the 'Petunia Petals for Nice Boys' performance upgrade package, which of course includes the 'Bunny's Breath' drivetrain and the 'Pouting Puppy' racing handlebars, but that's pro-level stuff, and it sounds intimidating. Meanwhile, I wanted to get something much more tame and sensible and for my 5-year-old daughter, so I got her the Hawk Trackatak from Sadistic Goat Slayer bikes."

Re:

Marketing strategy... what’s in a name....?!

My current steed is a ‘Black Sheep’...

The one prior to that a ‘Tranny’...

:LOL: :facepalm:

Re: Re:

velofrog":1lchx5dg said:
Marketing strategy... what’s in a name....?!

My current steed is a ‘Black Sheep’...

The one prior to that a ‘Tranny’...

:LOL: :facepalm:

I think that says more about you tbh :LOL:

Back