Is your bike worth more than your car?

My seven is worth several times more than my car :(

The insurers periodically laugh in my face when I discuss cover with them...

I have 2 bikes that are close to the value of the car... or well ok maybe the 2 together would be the same, all the bikes, much more...

but also that was the reason i bought my car (wrx), soemthing i didn't mind chucking dirty bike gear into and mud splattered me into the drivers seat. 1st week i had it, dropped a bike off the roof ontot he door... great big dent/gouge in the door... oh is the bike ok??? but it still goes fast and handles well and is comfortable (and all the bits liek heaters and windows work)...

Unfortunately when my battered old van's engine exploded on the motorway a few months ago, I got a new car by taking advantage of the scrappage scheme. I did chuckle about how a van I bought four years previously for £900 was now worth £2000 with a knackered engine.

I am then almost ashen faced when I have to admit that my car is now worth more than my bikes. It feels like my priorities are all wrong. :?

Don't have one that's worth more then my car but all the bikes and bits put together wouldn't be far off.

If I give in to temptation and get a new 2011 5 then the answer will be yes. :oops:

I just dropped £5,500 to buy my Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo last month.

I dont think my 3 bikes could raise anywhere near that! :LOL:

Pickle":3cv39mbp said:
I just dropped £5,500 to buy my Vauxhall Zafira GSi Turbo last month.

I dont think my 3 bikes could raise anywhere near that! :LOL:

tut tut :roll: this means you're not a real biker!! i got more bikes just so they outweighed the cost of my van!! :LOL:

I'm afraid :
If I add all my bikes, The total cost is more than my car when I bought it a few years ago.

Now, my car has many kilometers. So, its cost is very low now :LOL:

Back