Is this a 90's Orange Prestige?

Yeah, I'm suspecting something like that too. I believe Raleigh USA had their own facility in Seattle, I read something like that somewhere.

The various markings on the bottom bracket have a similar layout(as can be seen in the other thread I linked to), but the actual serial number on mine is missing some letters and/or numbers.

So, I'm glad I'm one step closer but it still bugs me that I don't know the EXACT model and make. I want to put some decals on it, but I guess I wouldn't be too far off putting a Raleigh logo on it.
You're right. The Technium frames, made of heterogeneous material bonded together using a proprietary epoxy developed by Boeing, were manufactured by Derby Cycle Company (of Kent, WA) in the Seattle (WA) factory between 1988 and 1994 and sold under the Raleigh USA brand. In the present case, TIG-welded 7005 aluminum main tubes are bonded to Tange Prestige chromoly rear triangle and seat tube.

You're right. The Technium frames, made of heterogeneous material bonded together using a proprietary epoxy developed by Boeing, were manufactured by Derby Cycle Company (of Kent, WA) in the Seattle (WA) factory between 1988 and 1994 and sold under the Raleigh USA brand. In the present case, TIG-welded 7005 aluminum main tubes are bonded to Tange Prestige chromoly rear triangle and seat tube.
Oh, I see you are the owner of the bike I referenced. That's some great info there.

What's your assessment of the frame of my bike? I'm 99% sure it must be the same frame as yours, allthough strangely the colour and serial numbers do not match. My bike could have been repainted, of course, but the paintwork looks too good for that.

Oh, I see you are the owner of the bike I referenced. That's some great info there.

What's your assessment of the frame of my bike? I'm 99% sure it must be the same frame as yours, allthough strangely the colour and serial numbers do not match. My bike could have been repainted, of course, but the paintwork looks too good for that.
Well, not much that I can add, I'm afraid. Aren't there any evidences of a head tube badge? It's metallic and bonded to the frame. If the paint is original, I expect to see "shadows" of the badge on the head tube.

Latest posts

Back