Is there such thing as canti to u brake adapters?

Can I ask why? Is it just because you fancy a project, in which case fair enough.
Why? Ehhhh just because I want to, and I’m sure many people wanted to use u brakes on canti bosses.

Getting to put them on the bike that I wanted to put u brakes on in the first place is a side benefit

I’m gonna make an adapter as I don’t want to change anything about the frame. No progress as of yet as I can’t get onto solidworks🤔

As Fluffy Chicken mentioned a few times, Odyssey RJ's (whoever they were) U4 Stiffener Plate, is designed for this. You'd need to complete kit including all the hardware. Which isn't common.

Easy reference point for what type of rim brake posts you have, is their position relative to the rim. Canti/V brake posts are below the rim and U brake above.

I've recently bought an Odyssey U4 to use as a brake stiffener on a Shimano U brake. It was like a 4 in 1 kit with tons of hardware and options, I only got the plate part though.

To use on U brake you have to cut it, had to widen out the mounting holes slightly. Works well it does too.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png Untitled.png

Exactly!

I just had to bodge my own hardware. Used some longer stainless bolts. Looking at some nice black anodised aluminium spacers instead of the washers.

🤣 @Imlach poking the hornets nest to see if any are awake! 🤣 I do have a BIG soft spot for them, but they are not for everyone and they clogged like crazy in Welsh winter mud!
Well in fairness if you have a u brake frame I get using them, not really much of a choice is there. But to actively seek out ways to use a u brake when you could use a beautiful cheap modern deore v brake which not only beats every other v brake ever made but costs **** all, well, I do find that a bit doolally

Back