Is it possible??

jonngizmo

Dirt Disciple
i purchased a raleigh record sprint that has the gold weinmann brake calipers on, i would like to know if i purchased some old campagnolo record brakes that have the bolt all the way through like the weinmann ones.... would i be able to take the long bolt out and put it into the campagnolo caliper as i purchased some new version ones and they come with " a rescessed? bolt"

i have been told to drill the hole bigger to get the new ones to fit but i dont want to ruin a frame like that so would prefer to buy new ones.

thanks
john

No. It's not a bolt as such, it's got a doodad cast into it to hold the spring. Would be a million and one chance of it fitting, and if it does, the campag brakes wouldn't be different enough to work better.

The gold weinmanns are worth keeping hold of. They can be refurbished if you need to by buying the modern weinmann copy from raleigh and swapping the bits over. You can improve performance with better brake blocks like koolstops.

Plus an RRS with missing gold is just wrong in my opinion.

Bats":3b3jbtsm said:
No. It's not a bolt as such, it's got a doodad cast into it to hold the spring. Would be a million and one chance of it fitting, and if it does, the campag brakes wouldn't be different enough to work better.

The gold weinmanns are worth keeping hold of. They can be refurbished if you need to by buying the modern weinmann copy from raleigh and swapping the bits over. You can improve performance with better brake blocks like koolstops.

Plus an RRS with missing gold is just wrong in my opinion.

thanks for the reply.. i have been tinkering with the idea of going with the originals today so looks like thats the way forward.
keep it original

thanks

Back