Is it me or are there less people taking up Mountain Biking?

widowmaker":1cswbn8h said:
monty dog":1cswbn8h said:
The bike companies are confusing the market and customers with the plethora of different niches, wheel sizes etc. People who want to buy a bike and get confused by the bollox spouted at them in the shop.
With a road bike it's easier - what you get is simply a function of how much you want to spend.
I've been riding bikes since before MTBs, got an MTB in the late 80s and dabbled on and off since then. A CX bike rekindled my interest in riding offroad, which has since extended to a 29er, a 29er+ and I'm in the process of getting a 5" fatbike built - it'll be rigid.
For me, riding a bike is about the adventure, regardless of whether it's on tarmac, offroad or a bit of both - simply get out and enjoy yourself and don't get wound-up about what others are doing - life's too short.

x2
x3
I agree 2 years ago certain manufacturers Specialized and Giant and the mountain bike press where saying 29ers are the way to go even my LBS but now its 650B I think people are getting confused or fed up and don t want to spend money on something that may be replaced in a few years time.Its killing the sport in my eyes

As long as your not doing it to be fashionable I think you can try allsorts of configurations. All experience is valuable eh? Fun and pleasure is key. I still love my some would call hideous guilty pleasure MF.

Back