Is anyone else as sad as me?

Yeah, we used to get so many customers tell us their Raleigh needed fixing, when it would appear it was often a Universal, that Rayleigh association is in small print, quite how people latch on to the smallest text on the headbadge is eye opening. Universal are dreadful too.

Yeah, we used to get so many customers tell us their Raleigh needed fixing, when it would appear it was often a Universal, that Rayleigh association is in small print, quite how people latch on to the smallest text on the headbadge is eye opening. Universal are dreadful too.

When it is in their interests to do so, of course they will. Talking about your Raleigh bike had a certain cachet, your Universal one - not so much.

townsend and falcon (not the good one) were at large round here, but they were "made" local and all the bikeshops had them in for parents with little interest or money.
Is it true that to keep costs down they only produced one frame size?
It's just that every kid I knew had the seat slammed and their crown jewels perilously close to the "cross bar".
What a time to be alive! 🤣

Is it true that to keep costs down they only produced one frame size?
It's just that every kid I knew had the seat slammed and their crown jewels perilously close to the "cross bar".
What a time to be alive! 🤣
small, medium, large. there was about 4" between each size though, so no one had a small and if you looked like you were about to outgrow the medium you'd get a gate.

have you seen kids on 29" these days? :O

Back