Is anyone else as sad as me?

Tricky1977

Marin Fan
Feedback
View
When I was around 15 I became quite attached to Marin bikes and lusted after one until buying a 93 Palisades Trail.
The brochure, the bumf about race-bred, lightweight innovations and the American location really sold it to me. As well as my friends also having them at the time (a Eldridge Grade and Bear valley).

When I went to America many years later I was lucky enough to visit Marin country and spent a day in Sausalito, however I never made it to the legendary John Muir national parks.

So when I’m a bit bored and when I buy another Marin, I like to find out where they are from and take a look at the inspirational places.

So far I have found:
IMG_2232.jpeg
IMG_2230.jpeg
IMG_2229.jpeg

It makes me think about these early pioneers racing their clunkers down these crazy paths.

I told you it was boring 😂👌
But it really amazes me that there is an Eldridge Grade that you can walk/ride down and a Shoreline Trail and Indian Fire Road.

Anyone else this obsessed with their brand?

Tricky

Big Kona fan here. Suffice to say, when we were lucky enough to visit Hawaii, my wife was bemused by me pointing at or taking photos of random things. Until I explained why. After that she was merely embarassed.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'as were my absolute favourite :) (and I don't mean the bikes...)

The area north of the Bay area is littered with Mtb names, I've had a look on Google maps in the past.... 👀

Point Reyes
Stinson Beach
Muir Woods
Sausalito etc...

It's like a who's/what for Mtb names...

This is not sad, this is just an extension of your attachment. I've always loved New Order, I later loved Joy Division (Look I'm only mid forties so I missed them) I love Electronic & The other two, I don't mind a bit of Monaco either

This is not sad, this is just an extension of your attachment. I've always loved New Order, I later loved Joy Division (Look I'm only mid forties so I missed them) I love Electronic & The other two, I don't mind a bit of Monaco either
Quite like a bit of 80’s myself despite being born in ‘86. It was old people music when I was a kid but by the time I was mid 20’s it started to make sense. I also like listening to a bit of ABBA now and then but that’s between me and you 😂

Quite like a bit of 80’s myself despite being born in ‘86. It was old people music when I was a kid but by the time I was mid 20’s it started to make sense. I also like listening to a bit of ABBA now and then but that’s between me and you 😂
Get yourself onto some O.M.D, they've consistently put out good music though the 80's & 90's there new album is superb

Back