Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

I've been looking at this daily since it appeared on local Facebook Marketplace, just to try to work out . . . well, just how it would work.

Is it an attempt at a tall bike? How would the welds hold up? And where would you find a fork with a steerer that long . . .?

View attachment 730837

Reading the 'Details' section of the posting helpfully tells you . . . that it's purple.

View attachment 730838
Weld a few steerers together and call your dentist to let him know he can take some time off because you're bringing him a 3 week paid holiday, all inclusive

s-l1600.jpg

Ok I've posted this elsewhere and sure, it's not as outlandish as some of the contraptions we've seen, but this is a pub cruiser I built for my stepson, based on an early 90s ParkPre Mountain Comp with mainly spares-box customisations.

The most expensive part is the Surly Sunrise bars, the magnificent width of which can't really be appreciated in this view. It also has a very fine ding-dong bell with a built-in compass which I feel the young chap may well need in getting to and particularly from the pub.
s0.jpeg

Back