If your into football, what's your team??

losidan":3r7u67bb said:
lufc.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Got my ticket for next wednesday. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Sidster":1c9nh74s said:
Yeah Maine Rd. Al.....the Drury Lane of football they call it. The olde fella worked for the Edwards family and Louis (martins father/of earlier chairman fame) had scarpered to the villa in Majorca by the time City were due to turn up for that ever so vital match. I was only very young but the old fella sat me in the chairmans seat in the directors box and he took Mrs Edwards seat next to of all people Joe Mercer. When Law scored the back heel and the little blue mob started to jumping around wildly.. the Stretford end began to chant 'your gonna get your feckin head kick-in'....i thought they meant me personally and shit me knickers. What i'll never forget is the lovely romantic United fans trying to get the game abandonned by running on the pitch to get at both the City players and fans. Both sets of players ran off the pitch with the exception of one geezer in a city shirt, the old fella nudged me and informed me with a barely hidden pride that the player was Mike Doyle and it simply was not him to run. Two United fans attacked him from behind one booting him up the arse and the other unsuccessfully trying to swing him to the dec by his hair...there may be some u-tube footage of it somewhere and it's not a great tale for the telling but he somehow got the unannounced hair puller off him and battered the pair of them before being surrounded by multiples..whereupon he pulled his sleeves up and declared he was staying for the knock-up....i knew at that moment i was City....'till i die'.

Memories....
http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/vi ... len+turner

:LOL: I've seen the Doyle footage before.

My first match was the 1980 season so I missed the heady days of league cup success and knocking them lot out of the first!! :roll:

Maybe one day we will see the likes again aye. :D

I think the threat of violence at matches has taken away lots of the atmosphere for me. I still have scars from one particular game in Sheffield. :LOL:
I'm not a fan of indiscriminate violence toward the 'scarfs' but it has to be said a bit of unfreindlyness does make for a good day out!! ;) :D

:LOL: I've seen the Doyle footage before.

My first match was the 1980 season so I missed the heady days of league cup success and knocking them lot out of the first!! :roll:

Maybe one day we will see the likes again aye. :D

I think the threat of violence at matches has taken away lots of the atmosphere for me. I still have scars from one particular game in Sheffield. :LOL:
I'm not a fan of indiscriminate violence toward the 'scarfs' but it has to be said a bit of unfreindlyness does make for a good day out!! ;) :D[/quote]

I don't think it will be too long Al before City come seriously knocking, last night was really just a little test run.....Kompany missed a trick by not running over and straightening Ferdinand out whilst the bottle throwing incident was happening....ultimately Bellamy never took the corner and they went up the field and scored. We may yet have the last laugh, they have to visit Eastlands just before the end of the season......to be cont....

No i'm not a fan of indiscrimate violence either Al, just thought it was worth mentioning some of the tricks the ever so sweet catholic club (attacking your player on the pitch in order to force the game to be abadoned) cause the darling cockerney media are all red and choose to sweep that stuff under the carpet.

The mighty hammers for me :D

Just want to point out that we the English invented the sport and called it football long before American football was born. STOP calling it SOCCER :evil:

Rant over :D

oldscool":310wwb3b said:
The mighty hammers for me :D

Just want to point out that we the English invented the sport and called it football long before American football was born. STOP calling it SOCCER :evil:

Rant over :D

I am a glory hunting prawn sandwich munching United support and have been since the golden years of the 1970's

In relation to the above your right it is annoying when its called soccer, it just doesnt sound right but even that it an English name for the game and was used to differentiate it from Rugby football by toffee nosed University types in the late 1800s. I just cannot use it myself

pigman":1svpljmw said:
al":1svpljmw said:
I still have scars from one particular game in Sheffield.
united or wednesday?

United of course, Wednesday are pussies!!

It's much harder to get away from Uniteds place. I was an olympic runner in them days! :LOL:
I've been chased across most english town centres in my time! I even got legged by Hibs fans in Edinbugh once. I was only on me hol's too. :shock:

As my missus says, I have a face you just want to slap!! :LOL:

stevetait":3voodbv3 said:
At the risk of being hunted down and beaten with tatty old Flite saddles...... Footbal sucks!

Very few on here will have a pop at you for saying that. I've heard most of them prefer riding bicycles than watching 22 blokes chase a bag of wind!! ;)

Back