I get a bit fed up when people join to sell something

Agree to differ then a most items when put on ebay end up making way less than what people ask on here :LOL:

It was not so long ago that some newbie on here got pushed off,by most active members,for trying to sell something at an inflated price after admitting he paid squat for it :x seems some people change their mind like the wind ;)

marin man":21yskpcp said:
It was not so long ago that some newbie on here got pushed off,by most active members,for trying to sell something at an inflated price after admitting he paid squat for it :x seems some people change their mind like the wind ;)

It was his attitude that did for him not him floging stuff on to make money.

redrabbitrun":3bm8rcma said:
I did that a bit. Awfully sorry.

Didn't really mean to but when I found out what the bike was worth I kinda had to. :?

Can we stone him :p

Please can we, can we, can we stone him :p

aw gwan please :p

oh - right then, this place is going soft

(shuffles off in disgust)

;)

KeepItSteel":bxiui9tq said:
............If newbies didnt come on here to sell stuff, we would have a lot less to go around.
How many members name do you regularly see in the forum? 100?/200?
There's your member base.

Got to agree with this.

If I had no interest in Retro and was selling an old mountain bike, I would do a bit of Googling which would no doubt lead me here to Retrobike. This is the best market for selling to what many see as old, outdated products. You will of course get a wider audience on ebay but run the risk of not getting your item seen by those that really want it.

Bring them on I'd say. Lets get more of this stuff on here, fresh blood and all that. I've noticed in the 'for sale' section that sometimes it stagnates, only when an existing member breaks up a project or when newbies come along do we get the parts that we have waited patiently for.

Without new members offering sales we do get a bit of round robin with parts. I've currently got a set of handlebars which I've owned twice before, has been owned twice by another member and once by 3 others!!

Can't see nothing wrong with profit making, after all items will only sell for what they are worth. Worth and value being totally subjective. I've bagged a few items outside of Retrobike which have been total bargains, often undervalued and undersold. Isn't that just as naughty as being totally disinterested in retro but sticking a high price on something and chancing your luck

I love all this righteous profit making crap

I have had a RB member buy a bike off me and flip it within 24 hours at a profit on to another member

Also recently disovered a member selling a frame to me with a 750% profit :LOL:

right or wrong it happens I really dont believe anyone here wouldnt flip a carboot bargain on for a profit but one member to another isnt really cricket.

Makes me laugh people moaning about new people coming on just to sell (popped up a few times now) bet they are the first to fire an email when its a "yo Eddy" for £100 !! :LOL: :LOL:

So this a case of I dont like the free market economy that keeps the world turning over because some one wants to make a few ££ and its not me . . .

Viva la revolution . . .

Latest posts

Back