I get a bit fed up when people join to sell something

TheGreenRabbit":qn6ndxyf said:
So this a case of I dont like the free market economy that keeps the world turning over because some one wants to make a few ££ and its not me . . .

Viva la revolution . . .

Nothing to do with it,I have an antiques shop and have done so for over a decade (not an antiques shop ala bargain hunt rubbish) and profit makes the world go round,BUT people assume that we as a group are stupid and try to sell their gear on here for say 250 and when it doesnt sell it makes 80 on ebay,alot of them are just trying it on,and it annoys me,nothing wrong with offering stuff here first,anyway how do we know where the stuff came from when the person is a newbie :?:

I dont think that I would slip money into someones pocket when the item could be nicked or the person dodgy

TheGreenRabbit":31r6es88 said:
So this a case of I dont like the free market economy that keeps the world turning over because some one wants to make a few ££ and its not me . . .
That's not how I see it.

ebay == "free market economy" as you put it.

This place, more of a closed shop, community type place. There's a difference.
TheGreenRabbit":31r6es88 said:
Viva la revolution . . .
Damned straight.

When's it happening... come on, when's it happening, can't wait, need good seats, opera glasses, and popcorn...

A few years ago (before I registered, but not before I'd discovered retrobike) I was chatting to my brother on the phone. He happened to mention that he was going to take his old 1990 Cindercone to the tip. He'd owned it from new and bought it at the same time I bought my Tequesta (my first MTB). I still have my Tequesta and felt saddened when he told me the Kona (which I have fond memories of) was destined for the bin. So, long story short, I suggested he sold it on the Retrobike forum and he did just that. He sold it for a fair price after looking to see what similar bikes had gone for and was then off to the bike shop to buy new modern stuff. He's not into the retro scene and so hasn't been back since. And now, in my mind, the old Kona will forever be out there somewhere riding around with someone who appreciates it. Thank you Retrobike :D

JamesM":12mvhrvy said:
A few years ago (before I registered, but not before I'd discovered retrobike) I was chatting to my brother on the phone. He happened to mention that he was going to take his old 1990 Cindercone to the tip. He'd owned it from new and bought it at the same time I bought my Tequesta (my first MTB). I still have my Tequesta and felt saddened when he told me the Kona (which I have fond memories of) was destined for the bin. So, long story short, I suggested he sold it on the Retrobike forum and he did just that. He sold it for a fair price after looking to see what similar bikes had gone for and was then off to the bike shop to buy new modern stuff. He's not into the retro scene and so hasn't been back since. And now, in my mind, the old Kona will forever be out there somewhere riding around with someone who appreciates it. Thank you Retrobike :D

Well put :cool:

Why thank you!!!

If there are any spelling mistakes it's because my eyes were welling up as I was typing and I couldn't see the keyboard properly.

.........Now if someone would just buy my knackered 1999 Acera chainset for £300 I can be off over to Singletrack World to talk to my real friends!!! :LOL:

JamesM":2n6u9cnp said:
.........Now if someone would just buy my knackered 1999 Acera chainset for £300 I can be off over to Singletrack World to talk to my real friends!!! :LOL:

Admitting to ever owning acera is not big and not clever, bit embarrassing for you,as I have only ever run xtr :LOL: :LOL:

JamesM":1akbsgs1 said:
...Now if someone would just buy my knackered 1999 Acera chainset for £300 I can be off over to Singletrack World to talk to my real friends!

If Carlsberg did Retrobike Comedy...

marin man":1od0c7vm said:
JamesM":1od0c7vm said:

Admitting to ever owning acera is not big and not clever, bit embarrassing for you,as I have only ever run xtr :LOL: :LOL:

XTR does not pass the stealth test, you cannot leave any XTR on a bike anywhere and expect to see it a few hours later.

:)

Latest posts

Back