Do you still use bar ends?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do not like them.

I find or have found that they act as vegetation hooks when plant life gets very close to the trail. A whippy young tree debiked me when the bar end hooked it once.

That HURT !!!

narrow flat bars and bar ends - that's the law isn't it? You mean some people don't?

Risers and bar ends is just plain wrong... you deserve to be burnt as a heretic for even thinking of such a thing <shudders>

Bar ends

I don't like them for three reasons- 1.they weigh more- 2.they can hook a bush or vegetation and crash you- 3. I found if I was riding with one or both hands off the bars and needed to grab the brake lever, It took longer because you need to stab your hand inside the bar end to get at the brake-I found the good qualities of bar ends were outweighed by these 3 reasons and stopped using them long ago.

BITD I tried L bend bar ends, and didnt like them; far too clumsy. However, stubbies are essential handlebar wear! Perfect for pumping the bike up short sharp climbs, and a for a nice change of hand position on the bar.
Agree with comments that bar ends and risers are a no-no. Dont get me wrong, risers have there place, but bar ends should only be seen on flat bars.....IMO ;)

Back