How many still use bar ends?

Do you still use bar ends?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have particularly conspicuous bar ends... the "Ned Overend" Zoom ones that have a 90 degree bend in them so that the end section is parallel to the main bars. Slightly battle-scarred, they've been on the bike for years, survived numerous impacts on and off-road and I find that they really improve my breathing on long steep climbs...

Yes! I have never owned any riser bars so that clash is not a problem. In fact I am a bit of a fan of the Profile Durango XC thingies! If you mis-judge a gap they offer excellent protection from stray branches etc.

I read somewhere that the reason humans developed thumbs is so that they could hook them over bar ends!

So if i were to get rid of them my thumbs may wither up and drop off!

Cheers,Al

Iwasgoodonce":395r2fkp said:
Yes! I have never owned any riser bars so that clash is not a problem. In fact I am a bit of a fan of the Profile Durango XC thingies! If you mis-judge a gap they offer excellent protection from stray branches etc.

Talking about stray branches, I remember being taken down a time or two by the bar ends grabbing a branch and twisting my steering. Embarrassing especially in front of some hot girls on bike & hike trails.

I don't have them on my Fire Mountain, I removed them to give it the 'catalogue' look.

I did weightlifting for a period of time a few years ago and I use a similar grip now and again on my bike as my bench press, basically give my hands a rest by switching my thumbs to the same side of the bars as my fingers.

BikePimp":ziv2ippf said:
Iwasgoodonce":ziv2ippf said:

Talking about stray branches, I remember being taken down a time or two by the bar ends grabbing a branch and twisting my steering. Embarrassing especially in front of some hot girls on bike & hike trails.

is that what happened to the fella in your avatar :LOL:

1139469811478e29ee9a31b.jpg

orange71":1pwlxnwj said:
is that what happened to the fella in your avatar :LOL:

1139469811478e29ee9a31b.jpg

Something like that. From what I recall, it was some kid trying to impress some female classmates after a soccer game, when that happened.

Back