• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BikePimp":2dck57fg said:
orange71":2dck57fg said:
is that what happened to the fella in your avatar :LOL:

1139469811478e29ee9a31b.jpg

Something like that. From what I recall, it was some kid trying to impress some female classmates after a soccer game, when that happened.

Reminds me a bit of when a mate and me were warming up for the 'University of Glamorgan Hill Climb'. We were riding laps of the main campus in opposite directions and were both oggling some sunbathing beauties outside Forest Hall residence and of course went smack into each other. It was made worse by the bikes getting cables and pedals entangled! Happy days!
Is anyone out there who knows Paul Marsh/Paul Cox/ Malc Dines?

never ever ever ever they hurt so much when you crash they stick into your ribs so well so never ever again its a bad dream it,ll go away (gentle rocking motion in chair) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i just cant ride with them the first time i did i crashed and the bar end cracked thre ribs never built the curouge up to use them after that my face looked like this emoticon straight after the crash :oops:

> Seems they went out of style years ago

Seems kind of a silly statement to make on this group. Everything we ride went out of style years ago.

I use bar ends on my bikes, every one of them. And only Sycros Steerhorns, the best ever made.

I don't understand why people won't use them with riser bars. They are used to give your hand a different position which is just as necesary with a riser bars. As far as riser bars looking geeky w/bar ends, riser bars look geeky to start with.

'Guin

Was up in Grizedale forest 2 weeks ago with a couple of friends who were on modern bikes without bar ends. It was noticable how much wider the handlebars are now compared to my 97 Proflex.

Ive got them on 2 of my retro bikes and on both my modern rigs, 1 of which has risers ;) Its not what they look like, it's all about the position of hands/comfort for me.

pinguwin":3ows6mz2 said:
> Seems they went out of style years ago

Seems kind of a silly statement to make on this group. Everything we ride went out of style years ago...
'Guin

I still have a pair of tiny stumpies on my GT RTS...was looking at my box o' parts and came across a couple sets. Thought about eBaying them, then I changed my mind and decided I might start using them again to ease the pain on my wrists. When weather permits I ride 4x a week, 3 hours per ride so my hands take a toll.

As for them going out of style. It's just an observation when I go riding. Just don't come across many riders that have them, even if they are ridding a retro bike...

Lovely little shorties on my Retro bikes with 23" flat bars. I find I need/want bar-ends unless my handlebars are wider than 23" (like on risers).

I think it's all about leverage.

I don't understand why people won't use them with riser bars. They are used to give your hand a different position which is just as necesary with a riser bars. As far as riser bars looking geeky w/bar ends, riser bars look geeky to start with.

'Guin

phew - thanks for that comment - I can ride risers and barends with pride! (Even if they look like elk horns!) :D

Got 'em (or plan to have them) on three out of four bikes....none on the 'Dale cos I liked the clean lines and it's not really an offroad bike.

Onza alu on the Pace, Onza Ti on the Funk, Syncros Steerhorns on the Rocky....they're great for climbing :)

Back