How long has everyone been riding?

You young whippersnappers! I've been at it (cycling that is) since I was 14 in 1961. Started riding club time-trials, went on to road racing and track, a bit of cyclo-cross and started with MTB racing as a vet in 1991. Packed in racing around 1995 and just potter around now when I feel like it - and when the weather's good!

Just got into Retro-Biking recently which has re-kindled my enthusiasm especially for 70's onwards road bikes.

Anyone interested in very early racing photos of me as a callow youth?

Old Ned":3as40owv said:

Add them to the retro racing photos thread I've just started in MTB Chat! :D

Pickle":acr9w8ne said:
Old Ned":acr9w8ne said:

Add them to the retro racing photos thread I've just started in MTB Chat! :D

Most of them are road and TT though.

Old Ned":2v77mqdz said:
Most of them are road and TT though.

Some of my roadie bits are in there, so dont worry.

In fact, I will add some of my other road and TT pics to it..... :cool:

Since 1988ish,grew up in the country so all my riding was off road, first true MTB was a Raleigh Mustang, that I took all over the lakes including over Helvellin, second bike was a Al Carter ‘Black Panther’ that was about half the weight of the Mustang, this was raced and toured for about 6 years until the frame broke. Including 4 month cycle tour of the US that lasted 18 months, After 4 months I Ended up in Philadelphia and heard a song by Jo Dee Messina that went heads Carolina tails California, seamed like a plan so I tossed a coin and it came up Tails, during this tour I came across the Trans America Foot Race and got into Ultra Marathon Running along side Cycling. Came back to the UK for a few years and toured & raced then got board jacked my job in to go to New Zealand to Race Adventure Races for a season. Came home again cycling went on a back foot for a number of years but I’m getting into it now.

Latest posts

Back