How long has everyone been riding?

Dhphat":h4q5moz3 said:
neilll":h4q5moz3 said:
Back then I was a 200 miles a week guy...

Road or woods? If thats all in the woods i'm assuming you were unemployed?

150 a week riding to work and back..........then woods, mud and shit at the weekend :)

neilll":29dqwlhg said:
Dhphat":29dqwlhg said:
neilll":29dqwlhg said:
Back then I was a 200 miles a week guy...

Road or woods? If thats all in the woods i'm assuming you were unemployed?

150 a week riding to work and back..........then woods, mud and shit at the weekend :)

that makes sense. Thats about where i'm at.

Dhphat":2u2w4zzn said:
that makes sense. Thats about where i'm at.

I'm not 'there' anymore :oops: :oops:

Went out on Tuesday for the first time in nearly two years, would be nice to get back to like I was (or at least riding regular).......sadly I get very little time these days :cry:

guybe":2hrmzrzo said:
When I was younger, from the age 11 to 14 years old, I used to do BMX racing in the south west area, I was pretty average but my younger sister was pretty good, she was the south west champion and came fourth in the Uk finals at Derby with the best riders of the whole UK.
What year would this have been, my ex loma harris was 2nd in the country bitd, do you know her :?:

1991 at University (Lancaster) on a Diamond Back Topanga with Campag Bullet Shifters :shock: Kind of gave up around 1999 with pressures of work, then kids, then took it up again around 2003. Now I'm as fit or fitter than I've ever been.

So 17 years then.

riding mtb since 91 to 98 then bmx racing and kod till 2006 now back on 26s so about 17years :shock: my apprentice has only just turned 17! i feel kinda old now

Did the BMX thing from about 83-84 onwards, raced at Derby a few times, more for the craic than because I was any good.
Switched to a black on white Mustang about 87ish and was seriously into it til about 1992-3 with a variety of middle of the road stuff, Orange, Saracen, Dales etc. Stopped when firstly my bikes got nicked and a few weeks later I smashed my feet to pieces, took 18 months to get back to normal.
Briefly got back into riding about 1998 to 2000ish then presures of work etc etc. Started messing with bikes agin last year but don't get to ride much because of young family/ business/ rallying taking up my daylight hours. Looking forward to light nights so I can get out again.

1988 on a mustang started racing when i got my lavadome in 91 stopped in 1996 when i got a driving licence and lots of booze!

Kneedowndean":243i72oo said:
I was lucky becuase out school allowed us to do cycling instead of rugby or cross country

I got lucky at school too, my Head of Year was also my PE teacher, so allowed me to ride for PE too.

I think it also helped that his son was also a competition cyclist ;)

Latest posts

Back