Hetchins Experto Crede - early 50's

DKFan

Retro Guru
I work at an auction house in near Cardiff and have just taken this in - yet to be fully catalogued and photographed but I thought I might give you a heads-up in case anyone is interested. From what I can gather its an early 50's Experto Crede, bit of a mixture of components but thee frame is in unbelievable condition given the age. I'll post a link to the actual auction in due course. IMG_5228.jpeg

What a beaut!
If I didn't already have one...

It's so tidy it makes me think it must be a restoration, but then why the awful saddle?

I'm struggling to identify the rear derailleur - looks a bit sachsy but I can't pin it down 🤔
This is what I have found - but my knowledge of road stuff is very limited. Delighted to find the seatpost moved
1950's HETCHINS 'CURLY' EXPERTO CREDE PHASE II ROAD BICYCLE, frame number H24706, burgundy frame with part-chromed stays, complete bicycle with the following untested components: Omas headset, Campagnolo Record high-flange hubs, Rigida rims, Campagnolo QR skewers, Weinmann Type 730 side-pull brakes, Modolo Speedy levers, Milermo Competition stem, unknown bars, unknown seatpost and saddle, Shimano downtube shifters, Campagnolo Strada 170mm cranks, Campagnolo front derailleur, Simplex Vallee rear derailleur, unknown pedals, Campagnolo toe-clips, frame measures 23" centre of BB to top of seat-tube and approx. 23" centre to centre top tube actual

The paint is in incredible condition - the chrome section of the forks are pitted a bit, so too the rear stays but less so. A few minor scratches/rub marks to the top tube but I'm being picky

Must be a resto because must of the parts are 80s-ish - if the original kit was worn out, the paint would be dull and worn too.
Lovely piece. Some are only getting 600£ atm😪
... but cosmetic condition is such a factor in opening mens wallets so it might fly

Must be a resto because must of the parts are 80s-ish - if the original kit was worn out, the paint would be dull and worn too.
Lovely piece. Some are only getting 600£ atm😪
... but cosmetic condition is such a factor in opening mens wallets so it might fly
maybe - it looks original but possibly an older restoration?

Back