Hello. First post here. Identify this seat?

Mark L

Dirt Disciple
Hey. glad I found this site.

Was casually into mountain biking back in the earlier mid 90's. Mostly drooled over Proflex bikes.

I own my dream bike, a proflex from the 97 year design, although it was sold as a a Proflex 2000 in 1998. I don't feel safe parking it at school though, as it has a CF swingarm and I have a feeling it would get stolen for that reason... So I am trying to build up another bike for commuting.

In any case, I'm glad I found this site, as I kind of want to do it retro, in my frame of reference anyways. I have a NOS Indy SL on the way for that build. I always wanted a pair of yellow rock shox.

Trying to figure out the seat in the pictures I attached. My buddy had one back in 96-97 before his ride got stolen. It's got elastomer suspension in it. I always thought it was a fizik seat, but I can't seem to find a model that matches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• kuva015_170.jpg
    kuva015_170.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 716
  • kuva016_161.jpg
    kuva016_161.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 716
San Marco, but dont remember model now.

Those pictures are from Finland :cool:
Bike is very very familiar here, I´m sure I can serch what saddle they used.

That there is a Selle Royal Contour. Little yellow circular elastomers on the rear rail mounts. I've got one I keep for winter-bike as the covering isn't leather so it doesn't get trashed in the mud. Comfy, if a little weighty. Had mine for years but I don't know when they were released.

Thanks for the help guys. No idea that bike is from Finland, its name sounds more like some kind of latin american street dish to me.

The saddle is kind of neat, it's got these circular elastomer discs that are quite large in area, but not very thick at the back. It's also got a depression in the middle like a "love groove" of the WTB saddles today. I think it has some sort of elastomer at the front too.

I think its a model something from 95-97 kind of makes sense since the RS Indy only were around from 96-98 right?

Unfortunately for me, it looks like I won't be easily getting my hands on one, I can't seem to find a single picture of the saddle by itself, not even in google images, or any website referencing it.

Hmm. Perhaps it was marketed as something else in North America. I "thought" it was a fizik seat, and there may be some basis to that. While on the Selle Royal website, I realized that fizik brand was started by Selle Royal.

Back