For Sale Hedgefind Coppi Fiorelli Eroica rat bike

DSH

Retro Guru
The title says it all but here is the long version of the story.

The bike was found in a hedge in Hoegaarden, Flanders (the town where they brew the “white” beer you serve with a slice of lemon). Not by me, but by a local who restores bikes, he stripped off the Matt black paint that covered, cleaned it up and added a mix of parts from the 60s and 70s, and some very cheap Coppi stickers! The two tone paint effect seems to be the result of where the frame was originally chromed rather than painted.

I bought the bike with the idea of making an Eroica bike that would get me, middle aged, overweight dodgy hip, around the 135km ride in Gaiole. Except, rather than going the fit a Campagnolo Racing T or Athena triple route, I’d try and use parts contemporary to the age of the frame.

I’ve fitted a Stronglight 49D (depose) crankset and an original Campagnolo record rear mech the gearing is 40-26 up front and 15-26 at the back, Did I mention, overweight and dodgy hip? The Martano rims are fitted with Challenge Strada Bianca 30mm tubs.

The result is a bike that can climb the side of a house, pootles along on the flat at an enjoy the views speed and is super comfortable over the many hours I spend in the saddle. The saddle itself is an Ideale with Coppi branding, Ambrosio stem and early 3tt bars are fitted. Pedals are Lyotard MBs, and work well with old school cleats or flat soles. The bottle cages on the bars take the Elite reproduction aluminium bottle but best to put them in a sock as otherwise they rattle like crazy!

I am looking for 300GBP or 350 Euro but am open to a sensible discussion. I am riding the Saturday in Gaiole this year so can bring it along and hand over if you are riding on Sunday. Otherwise I am happy to discuss, collection or delivery.

Fell free to contact me with any questions. If In find the coins from the forks I will throw those in as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0478.jpeg
    IMG_0478.jpeg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0476.jpeg
    IMG_0476.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0477.jpeg
    IMG_0477.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0483.jpeg
    IMG_0483.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    966.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0485.jpeg
    IMG_0485.jpeg
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    912.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0487.jpeg
    IMG_0487.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0494.jpeg
    IMG_0494.jpeg
    624.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0496.jpeg
    IMG_0496.jpeg
    756.9 KB · Views: 66
The Coppi will be going to Gaiole and, one way or another, not coming back (I need the space in the bike bag to bring something else home ;))

It is now any offer considered time:)

The bike has returned to its homeland and a life in the sun (with, judging by last week, occasional very heavy rain!)

Back