Hardisty Team bike..... proper tyres page 3

Few light changes.

Tyres are now a rear smoke and dart front (naturally) , saddle is a rolls in black as the old one was a Scott avocet from another bike and I had to change the seat post, after getting it out it had some serious clamp crimps on it, I went for a zoom I had until a Madison one turns up, I guess it's matching the stem/bar setup for now.

1000013218.jpg

I had a little ride out along the riverbanks and local beck routes and ended up taking some photos along the way, tyres are the correct age for the bike but not shot so they looked great and handled really well.

1000013223.jpg

I haven't changed any of the gearing on the bike at all and it changed without fault, no slipping, no crunches and the thumbies were better now I had bent the perches back into shape, brakes worked well too, considering they're old eagle claws they stopped adequately.

1000013227.jpg

Really chuffed with it

I remember talking to Kevin Winter a few years back and he said that himself and Dave Yates used to make Hardisty frames.

Aah, Hardisty Cycles, the home of the mountain biiiiiiiiike. My first proper bike came from there in the early nineties.
I worked (possibly an exaggeration) for Hardisty Cycles from 2001-ish, until John Hardisty retired and sold it to Edinburgh Bicycle Co-Operative sometime in the mid 2000s.
Still got a road frame and a jersey, though the jersey must have shrunk because it doesn't even nearly fit now...
Kev Winter also made my "good" bike, a Columbus Life hardtail 26er.

Winter Columbus Life.JPG

Also, little known fact; the shop was/is haunted. Woooooo.

Back