mikee

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
seems to be some GT haters on here
can i ask why you don't like them ?

I wouldn't say haters chap..certianly sometimes you would feel we have stumbled into the double k forum..klein/kona

but I think things are getting better with more and more feeling the love for other marks too

Personally I don't like the triple triangle frames, and they are relatively common anything I wanted to know about them I have been able to pickup over the years and so when I see one pop up on here it doesn't tend to grab my attention.

Nothing wrong with them as such, just they do nothing for me, I tend to like low numbers production/custom stuff as you don't see it so often.

Bizarrely I have a soft spot for steel Konas and Marins, mainly because they are what I rode when I started out.

Probably the same reason you get the dislikers of Konas/Treks/Specialized/Marin/"insertslightlymoremainsteamandsuccessfulbrandofchoice", a perception of too common and not exotic enough. I like Konas, but have a complete blank spot for Treks [1, 2] and Marins [2] but if you asked me to say why, I couldn't give you an argument that would stack up against any valid technical or rational argument. Maybe that back in '91 my first mountain bike was a Kona and so missed the earlier beginnings that some have experienced, never been an early adopter. :)

[1] But strangley attracted to Trek 9000 series "pogo stick" first full sus.
[2] Other half's first bike last year was a Marin hybrid, and I spent this afternoon building up a Trek 4300 for her (ta Bike Hoarder, she's itching to go try it tomorrow). :D

Edit: If the above doesn't make sense, blame the best part of a bottle of chilled sparkling Shiraz (sorry Harryburgundy).

gt

i think basiclly whatever you have someone will dislike it,people moan about to many triangles.but you could also moan about rotten seat tube fats,bubble paint kliens etc etc :D

TedC":q2altcow said:
Probably the same reason you get the dislikers of Konas/Treks/Specialized/Marin/"insertslightlymoremainsteamandsuccessfulbrandofchoice", a perception of too common and not exotic enough.

Yep, that'll be it.

I love a good GT, me.

i like all old mtb really...and low production bikes are certainly more interesting. i rode gt as a kid, hence why i still like them. they are certainly not the best handling bikes of their age, but they still have appeal to me for other reasons.

Drencrom":1t1j3v7v said:
TedC":1t1j3v7v said:
Probably the same reason you get the dislikers of Konas/Treks/Specialized/Marin/"insertslightlymoremainsteamandsuccessfulbrandofchoice", a perception of too common and not exotic enough.

Yep, that'll be it.

I love a good GT, me.

Me too..

Doesn't matter that folk like or dislike whatever make/model.. I've yet to see a Klein that I like the look of, means nowt to anyone else :cool:

Back