GT RTS Team

So now would be the time to talk about rige characteristics? :D
How would you describe it?

Edit: Its looking gorgeous, btw. Really stunning.

Thias":1nsjp6hj said:
So now would be the time to talk about rige characteristics? :D
How would you describe it?

Edit: Its looking gorgeous, btw. Really stunning.

Thanks Thias :p

It's an odd one, you just don't feel the suspension moving although it clearly is. Took care of anything rough I went over or through yesterday (it was the family route though just to give is a shake down and because the Mrs didn't want to get muddy ;) ).

It's certainly a nice cross country machine that's for sure.

I was worried that the spins would be sluggish but I have been pleasantly surprised by the ride of them, more than happy to keep them on the bike and will be selling the standard wheels I was kind of holding on to incase.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

34henry3w":2lkigtlj said:
sweet rts! fyi ebay us has nos decals for those...they are for the 94ish tech shop framesets but still would look good..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT-DECALS-RTS-B ... Sw0HVWCG6E

Thanks for that, a possible consideration :D

I did buy a pair of lovely Fluoro yellow down tube and a headtube decal from a member on here, loving the original decals though in all their patina'd glory so may stay with it how it is. I like to get old bikes back in use and as tidy as they can be without too much newness.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Retro Spud":529wglus said:
Just re-read this ...what a transformation.

Thanks buddy, to be fair it wasn't a bad build of parts to begin with just not to my liking. It now feels, looks and rides in a way it should. Very happy with the help a lot of members on here gave me in the form of selling me, swapping me and refurbing parts :)

Just catching up on this, you've done a really good job with this Tim! And I'm a big fan of the LT conversion on the Mag21s :)

I really like that ADP booster too. Out of interest, did you have any trouble bleeding the Maguras? I had to re-bleed my Hs22 Raceline rear brake for the third time last weekend to finally get rid of some tiny air bubbles in the lines causing 'lag' on the lever. Needed the help of a friend to get it totally bled too, nightmare it was! Hope yours was easier!

Looking good mate, as do all your builds :cool:

regan_ev":2gntsy04 said:
Just catching up on this, you've done a really good job with this Tim! And I'm a big fan of the LT conversion on the Mag21s :)

I really like that ADP booster too. Out of interest, did you have any trouble bleeding the Maguras? I had to re-bleed my Hs22 Raceline rear brake for the third time last weekend to finally get rid of some tiny air bubbles in the lines causing 'lag' on the lever. Needed the help of a friend to get it totally bled too, nightmare it was! Hope yours was easier!

Looking good mate, as do all your builds :cool:

Cheers Regan,

I love that adp. booster as well, just need to track down another although not so required on the rear.

The rear Magura isn't as snappy at the lever as the front so possibly could give it a 2nd bleed but put the feel down to the longer hose. Been years since I rode Magura rim brakes.

Have you ever changed a hose on the Racelines? My main hose popped off at the caliper under a really hard squeeze and found that there is an olive under the screw down clamp bolt but no barn at the very end. Should there be one as it didn't look like there was room inside the caliper?

Tim :)

Minifreak":zpvkhq7d said:
Cheers Regan,

I love that adp. booster as well, just need to track down another although not so required on the rear.

The rear Magura isn't as snappy at the lever as the front so possibly could give it a 2nd bleed but put the feel down to the longer hose. Been years since I rode Magura rim brakes.

Have you ever changed a hose on the Racelines? My main hose popped off at the caliper under a really hard squeeze and found that there is an olive under the screw down clamp bolt but no barn at the very end. Should there be one as it didn't look like there was room inside the caliper?

Tim :)
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you for a matching ADP booster - I bought the Hs33 Evos to use on mine, a much better set up but definitely not as good looking ha!
I've never changed a line BUT I routed mine through the cable eyelets on the frame so had to disconnect it from the piston/cylinder to install it. I cut the line using the Magura tool to make sure it was a clean cut when reinstalling and used a new barb and ferrule (the latter WILL go in there). I have some spares - I'll pop a couple in the post to you.
I followed the Magura instructions on YouTube on the official Magura channel, really useful!
I think the fact yours doesn't feel "as snappy" may mean there's some micro bubbles in the line because in theory it wouldn't matter how long it was as hydraulic oil cannot be compressed (under ambient temps anyway) so both brakes should be identical. I found that using the Magura syringe to bleed the rear required three FULL purges to eliminate all the micro bubbles - but if I'd had a syringe that was about a litre in capacity it would've been simple. I just had to keep refilling it (and expelling every last little micro bubble before reattaching). Quite a surgical operation to get right haha!
Hope you get it sorted.

Re:

this was locked outside my condo... no dents or cracks and with original fork components and wheels!..might leave a note!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 337
Back