GT RTS 1 Rear Brake Query

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
My frame has a single stud mid rear brace (so not the squared up rocker style) so I'm thinking it has a Force 40 style gizmo - can anyone confirm with a pic pref...?

Of course if anyone has one for sale please contact...

Mr K

Still kicking around! That pic is from the RTS frame which is yours if you still want it? Just have to make it down to the shop one Sunday...

Would this do the same thing?
If any good I can bring to the Peaks for you Neil, or post if you want it sooner

rts_brake_417.jpg

rts_brake_2_152.jpg

rts_brake_3_138.jpg

Did you found out how it works?
I now have the same problem, bought a frameset and it looks very weird with only the round bolt thing.

Pickle":2lycifa5 said:
Would this do the same thing?
If any good I can bring to the Peaks for you Neil, or post if you want it sooner

rts_brake_417.jpg

rts_brake_2_152.jpg

rts_brake_3_138.jpg

It was not a GT widget at all but this one pictured is what I used on my RTS-1 and it was fantastic. Better than the C-dale version IMO. Took a little modification if I remember correctly, had to cut down the single post on the frame a little but it was worth the sweat. Also had to re-route the cables a little so that the brake came down the non-drive side in order to enter the widget at a better angle but it was able to be sorted. Again this was over 12 years ago so please forgive the gaps in memory...

Back