GT PANTERA - Someone got a bargain

AR-CoolC

Retrobike Rider
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200664512364? ... 1438.l2649

Was it anyone from here? a '93 Pantera which would have gone very nicely with my '93 Tequesta. Had it in my watch list but forgot about it until about 2 minutes after it finished
Doh2.gif

Please say it went to a fellow RB'er who wants to sell it to me for what they paid ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Save the seller, as they seem to have quite a few bikes. I presume they have a "tip interception" supply from somewhere. Most of it is bottom end stuff with the odd gem hidden away.

'Twas me! Been after a 90s Alu rigid GT for a bit now, wasn't expecting to get it so cheap!

This missus is going to go spare again (another bike!) - I only joined this site about 6 months ago, already up to bike number 8 and there's an 80s Marin also arriving any day :shock:

Well done that man. Always good to see the bargans staying on here.

Of course if you don't want to get into trouble with the mrs my off still stands to take it off your hands for the selling price ;) I'm within pick up distance too.

AR-CoolC":2z0etvv1 said:
Well done that man. Always good to see the bargans staying on here.

Of course if you don't want to get into trouble with the mrs my off still stands to take it off your hands for the selling price ;) I'm within pick up distance too.

Ha ha....no chance mate :D

Long story is I've always wanted a Zaskar (cliche, I know) but used up my bike "allowance" set by the missus when I bought myself a modern road bike last month - this looked like it had potential so put in an early bid of fifty sheets and forgot about it. Didn't expect to get it - in fact didn't even check it - saw the posting on here and thought blimey - it's me!

Anyway, hopefully it's not too bad. If it is, check the for sale section - I'm pretty lazy, so if it looks like too much effort it'll be back on here for what I paid for it :D I can't really make out from the pics - forks look a bit rusty so may need a treat and spray but if the frame is basically sound, it'll be good value. My mate is prob going to pick up for me (who knows nothing about bikes) so won't get a chance to check it before he kindly delivers it to me up in Manc.

Need to decide though - most of the components look knackered, so what to put on? By chance, I've got a perfect condition Exage LT group set sitting in the cave (which I believe was factory spec from the cat in the archives) - or do I go the Zaskar wannabe route as I've got most of an XT group set with thumbies.....hmmmm.

Nothing too special, I'm afraid! I bought the Blue Palisades Trail off eBay about a week ago. It's the light blue one which I think is an 88 or 89 as its got the chainstay U-brake. I've actually been after a Bear Valley of the same vintage (as I loved mine bitd) but I hadn't seen one for absolutely ages. Then someone posted a link to the exact one I wanted on eBay but it had already finished so Ij got bored waiting and down-specced to the Palisades.

Back