GT Lobo. Complete bike.

Toolmaker

Dirt Disciple
I really don't want to sell this but I had the chance of another motorcycle and decided to go for it so this now has to go....

It's in fantastic condition, all bearings and seals are top notch. Hope brakes, RS Boxxers, XTR Cranks and rear mech etc, it's all the way it should be. I've got the manuals for it, spare new fork seals, dust seals, fork internals and no doubt some other bits and bobs.

I've seen them go for around the £600 mark and mine is way better than some I've seen. SO I think £600 is a fair price to ask.

Now, I'm not greedy and I'd like to see it go to a good home. It's a great bike, rides superbly and has to be a classic. It's just such a shame that I have to let it go but if I'm honest I really don't use it nearly enough.

It was good enough for Steve Peat to win on and it's good enough for you too.

Attachments

• Img1609.JPG
    Img1609.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 2,128
  • Img1611.JPG
    Img1611.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 2,129
what year is this? i thought they only did the lobo in sts form? thought they only did alloy ones as prototypes for steve peat?

Must be 98 or so? I'll need to double check. But I can remember riding one of the first at the GT trade meeting (I used to work in a bike shop) 11 or 12 years ago.

The STS versions were ace too but had a habit of snapping the head tubes off.

The alloy version was indeed available to the public - It was about £4000 back in the day.

its a lovely bike, if i didnt have the lts and spent hundreds on the cape wrath, i would snap it up!

ahh had a look and this model lobo came out in '99 its the Lobo 1000 DH

has the paint been stripped because as far as i can find the '99 was black and the '00 was white?

I passed my driving test in '98 and subsequently dont know anything about bikes post that year.

Still lovely bike, hope you get what you want for it.

It's ball burnished and lacquered. That's the way they came.

Still don't really want to sell it but needs must.....

:-(

Back