Growing hostility towards Mountainbikers and Cyclists

Muddy paw":3q7h5w2c said:
M-Power":3q7h5w2c said:
Muddy paw":3q7h5w2c said:
Yep the Fat looks really smart and certainly a hell of a lot better quality than alot of ladies bikes out there although a mini Al Mega wouldn't be a bad 2nd option from what i've read on the forum ;) ..

Agreed, the Al Megas are summink. Shame Alpinestars stopped making bikes. My fave is the T24 though, inspired bit of design for smaller riders.

Yep! the Al mega's are really nice bikes and the T24's look yummy in white and i'm just hoping next year i can get hold of one for the mrs or just a frameset and they have to be the best looking bike in white imho and as for Alpinestars no longer making bikes i wasn't aware tbh that they had :( ..

Was always strange bitd, Alpinestars made some great bikes but few stores sold them iirc. T24 uber cool and zero depreciation, you know it makes sense :cool:

M-Power":28x0kau4 said:
Muddy paw":28x0kau4 said:
Yep! the Al mega's are really nice bikes and the T24's look yummy in white and i'm just hoping next year i can get hold of one for the mrs or just a frameset and they have to be the best looking bike in white imho and as for Alpinestars no longer making bikes i wasn't aware tbh that they had :( ..

Was always strange bitd, Alpinestars made some great bikes but few stores sold them iirc. T24 uber cool and zero depreciation, you know it makes sense :cool:

I have to agree as i never saw one shop locally or in near by area's that sold Alpinestar bikes bitd so was always under the impression that they were only few places out there that had the priviledge of selling them which was a big shame as i reckon they would of out sold alot of the other bike brands imho and yes it makes perfect sense ..

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":1g5lh1t1 said:
The T24 looked awesome with that ultra minimalist frame – imagine that scaled up a bit...

Agree, it's one of the nicest alternative frames designs ever.

Rampage":2sdpmiuw said:
There were two versions? One with seat stays and one without?
No, the T-24 appeared in 1991 and has only one pair of stays. A lot of people mistake the name for being a 24" wheel model, because of its tiny size but 24 refers to a 24" stand over height. The effective frame size (seat tube) is 12 ½". The next frame size up is the conventional e-stay 'EOS' design and is a 15" (see my Project Mini Al-Mega build.
In 1992 the T-24 frame had minor revisions (mainly the rear dropouts from memory, to copy the rest of the EOS frames of '92) and was renamed the T-26, but had all the same geometry of its predecessor, the T-24.
(Yeah, I'm an Alpinestars nerd with certain facts! :oops: :LOL:)

regan_ev":1j9yxe6y said:
Rampage":1j9yxe6y said:
No, the T-24 appeared in 1991 and has only one pair of stays. A lot of people mistake the name for being a 24" wheel model, because of its tiny size but 24 refers to a 24" stand over height. The effective frame size (seat tube) is 12 ½". The next frame size up is the conventional e-stay 'EOS' design and is a 15" (see my Project Mini Al-Mega build.
In 1992 the T-24 frame had minor revisions (mainly the rear dropouts from memory, to copy the rest of the EOS frames of '92) and was renamed the T-26, but had all the same geometry of its predecessor, the T-24.

Sweet: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=331491&start=30

regan_ev":27mqsbzv said:
Rampage":27mqsbzv said:

TG for bike nerds. One of the best reasons to frequent this site. Ya never stop learning :cool:

regan_ev":1lnmt4wo said:
Rampage":1lnmt4wo said:

You beat me to it mate :LOL: and theirs nothing wrong with being an Alpinestars nerd as their ultra Cool bikes !! ;) ..

regan_ev":1zdks0s1 said:
Rampage":1zdks0s1 said:

I'm reasonably sure I won one on eBay with chainstays but never managed to get it.
Also this one, if the guy is correct: http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 84453.html

Latest posts

Back