Great big Singlespeed thread!

biocandy":29e6ixyc said:
Rasta Solitare in progress :) really great ride.. Hoping to make it even better :)

dsc_1412.jpg

dsc_1411.jpg

That's an amazing build - looks excellent.

Re:

Found this today on craigslist. I traded an old tv for it.i will post my inspiration later.Think klunker. I know nothing about SS bikes so I will be asking some questions.

My inspiration for purchasing the bike found on another site. This is a aluminum Trek cruiser turned into a ss klunker. I will be going for the same look but will be adding a disc front brake to make it a little more trail worthy. It is a suprisingly lite bike. My scale says 21lbs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2,470
  • klunker.jpg
    klunker.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 2,449
Mr Toad, that Niner looks lovely, nice colour and my size as well by the look of it ;) A perfect race machine :)
Neebsta, that DeKerf is another fine looker.

Heres a shot of my 1X1 from yesterdays Macretro Aviemore ride.

Heres on of Epicyclo's (Brian) 1X1 with a Fat BNimble on the front

Jamie

Re:

Can I ask a few stupid questions?

Have a surly karate monkey with horizontal dropouts. Guy I bought it from said just put chain on and whack it back tight. I have monkey nuts and a tug thing. So what do i do to get the chain and wheel tight in the most hassle free way?

Re: Re:

coomber":2kb66q4q said:
Can I ask a few stupid questions?

Have a surly karate monkey with horizontal dropouts. Guy I bought it from said just put chain on and whack it back tight. I have monkey nuts and a tug thing. So what do i do to get the chain and wheel tight in the most hassle free way?

You only need the monkey nuts if you are running a derailleur set-up, so put them in a safe place for now (they cost a bomb if you lose them and want gears later).

As for the tug-nut, Surly say it better than I can. ;)

http://surlybikes.com//uploads/downloads/Tuggnut.pdf

btw, congrats. Karate Monkeys are awesome, as is singlespeed!

Re:

Ah great link thanks

It's an old one but lovely. Has so much clearance.. even with 2.3 tyres. Reckon it would do b+ sizes

Back