Show us your Gravel Bikes

I think theyre neat, im drawn to them but i really dont like drop bars/shifters, but i like the flat bar 650B types out there that are more in ATB territory. Its a commuter, its a gravel bike, its a road bike, its a mountain bike. Jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing.

I would like to see more gravel bikes using weird suspension options. Rather than just putting low travel conventional forks on them. Give me flexible chainstays, suspension stems/steatposts, etc

I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated gravel sub forum.

There are quite a few drop bar mtb conversions, re-born hybrids, and modern gravel bikes around and abouts on RB with threads in the various sections. Maybe be time to start a general sub forum that all of those bikes could go into. Could be somewhere for CX bikes, too.

Though full suspension gravel bikes, heres one from google:
Niner MCR 9 RDO Full-Suspension Gravel Bike - BIKEPACKING.com

as im thinking about this more, i dont like them
but i do understand their purpose
something like this would be, with flat bars, ideal for my commute, because its railroad ballast, a regular rigid gravel bike would have a terrible time and a mountain bike is overkill for the greenway portion that comes after that
and then you kinda just have a weird geometry mountain bike thats a little better on flats? thats the issue, they blur the lines so far that i cant tell theres a line anymore, but i do see a use case where they are the ideal tool

Yes, I picked up an old battered Surly Straggler frame and am currently knocking it into shape. Unfortunately a size too small for me at 56 rather than the 58 I need but just doing it for the fun and to see what these Surly things are about. I have to say they are a bit different.

Back