Funkungfusion

I've been wanting to do this for a while so the decision wasn't too hard to make.

Seventy two, double butted DT Swiss Competitions are £55, which is a nice saving plus I have a couple of mates who can build wheels and they can help out if need be (definitely...).

36h 3 cross .. fronts should be 265
Rears .. drive 263 and non drive 265

Bullseye 130mm 7speed, rear
  • Left flange ø: 42.5 mm
  • Right flange ø: 42.5 mm
  • Centre to left flange: 40 mm
  • Centre to right flange: 20.5 mm
  • Spoke hole ø: 2.4 mm

Yip.. and infinitely more satisfying. Do you have a jig you can borrow?... not critical as you can use your frame. If you know anyone with a spoke tension meter that is the most important bit of kit for strong wheels.

Not really (a good price or a better deal) if you consider that you put your personal hours of labour into it and trade your freetime with building a wheel ;-) Cant calculate like that ;-)

However, you could see it as an investment if you from now on do every wheel yourself to eventually save money ...after your 84th wheel ;-)

;-) ;-) ;-)

Looking at it that way ^^^ we might as well down tools and stop being dummkophs …. and dispense with all this Retrobike nonsense and head for Leisure Lakes or Evans to buy an off the peg bike that has decent suspension, brakes that work… and electric motors

Not sure what I’d do with all the time I’d save…. Probably look at the POS I’d just bought and think 🤔 WTF have I done 😂🤣

Good job sir..and your usual fanatical attention to detail😁 ..looking through the valve hole you should be able to see the hub and the rim decals line up

Back