Here’s a few of my folders: Kama - Russian, Hawk Cycles - West German, Mifa - East German, I also have a Rog Pony - Slovenian but that needs a bit of fettling, so is hidden in a garage far, far away…I also have a few Stowaways / Twentys, etc…
Talking about Mifa....
_20181025_110711.JPG
I found these wheels online for cheap and just bolted them onto my old Mifa as a gag. This is also the last picture of this wheelset, as it blew up in my face on the way down the mountain.

Yep. I was talking to someone while I sat on the Mifa facing uphill with the front brake on. Gradually I rolled backwards down the hill. At least my mate found it funny….. I’ve also managed to get the frame hinge lever caught in my jeans only to find the frame trying to fold as I rode it…😂

Yep. I was talking to someone while I sat on the Mifa facing uphill with the front brake on. Gradually I rolled backwards down the hill. At least my mate found it funny….. I’ve also managed to get the frame hinge lever caught in my jeans only to find the frame trying to fold as I rode it…😂
Nothing beats east german engineering...
But that frame hinge lever wasn't really a problem in the GDR, because hardly anyone owned a pair of jeans.
Maybe this is what Walter Ulbricht meant when he said "overtake without catching up".

Last edited:
I used my old Schwalbe to drive to the Sachsenring to watch MotoGP. It barely made it up one of the steep hills there but folks from all over Europe allways wanted to buy it right from the parking lot. I said no because I don't wanted to walk home...

Latest posts

Back