It weighs 7.7kg with Ti spindle Speedplays Zeros.
View attachment 707977

The rear caliper is attached using a small mount that I TIGed together.

View attachment 707978

The rear OLD is 112mm on these bikes. I do a modification to a 130mm Hubsmith hub which uses 7/10 cogs. Then I shift the SRAM Rd with a Campy Xenon 10sp lever. The adapter plate I made out of 6mm 6061 plate. You can see small adapters that I had made to mount a rack to the abandoned V Brake mounts.

View attachment 707979

The carbon fork is preloaded then this Problem Solvers locking spacer is snugged up before tightening the stem mast.

View attachment 707980

I use an offset ring to put the chain line in an acceptable location.

I hope that explains a bit of my madness. This bike is kind of half of a good idea. It fits and rides nicely, but the fold is a bit of a gong show.
I’d like to come back to this, as I really like it, and would like to know a bit more about the stem.

Any chance you could supply more pictures of how it’s fitted? As I can’t get my head around how it clamps on.

Any chance you could supply more pictures of how it’s fitted? As I can’t get my head around how it clamps on.
Here are some details below.

IMG_20230310_084515.jpg

The titanium stem doesn't have a provision to tension the headset. It just cinches onto the steerer tube, so...

IMG_20230310_084600.jpg

I have machined an aluminum insert with a threaded portion that I bonded into the carbon steerer with JB Weld. The insert is 100mm long and extends below the upper bearing, then...

IMG_20230310_084917.jpg

I have made this thin aluminum sleeve used with a top cap and bolt like so...

IMG_20230310_084747_1.jpg

This way I can preload the headset bearings, then the Problem Solvers locking spacer is tightened to hold everything in place and the stem is installed.

When I have some time I will fold and compact this to show how it looks. I didn't hope for an easy "every day" fold for this bike, I wanted it to fold in half to be baggable for train and bus travel and be somewhat deconstructable/foldable for flight packing

Ultimately I would like to make a stem that terminates differently at the bar end so that I can build a splittable drop bar.

Initially I used an aftermarket bolt on RD hanger, but it wasn't long enough to provide clearance for my largest cog owing to the short cassette. Adding a goat link didn't work, so I made the custom length one that you can see on the previous photos.

Here are some details below.

View attachment 718801

The titanium stem doesn't have a provision to tension the headset. It just cinches onto the steerer tube, so...

View attachment 718802

I have machined an aluminum insert with a threaded portion that I bonded into the carbon steerer with JB Weld. The insert is 100mm long and extends below the upper bearing, then...

View attachment 718803

I have made this thin aluminum sleeve used with a top cap and bolt like so...

View attachment 718804

This way I can preload the headset bearings, then the Problem Solvers locking spacer is tightened to hold everything in place and the stem is installed.

When I have some time I will fold and compact this to show how it looks. I didn't hope for an easy "every day" fold for this bike, I wanted it to fold in half to be baggable for train and bus travel and be somewhat deconstructable/foldable for flight packing

Ultimately I would like to make a stem that terminates differently at the bar end so that I can build a splittable drop bar.

Initially I used an aftermarket bolt on RD hanger, but it wasn't long enough to provide clearance for my largest cog owing to the short cassette. Adding a goat link didn't work, so I made the custom length one that you can see on the previous photos.
Cheers, that helps me out a lot😀

Anyone know where I can buy a Minivelo frameset? I know I’ve probably missed the boat but I would like to build one up, ideally with trackends…
This is the only one I can think of outside of Japan:

This is the only one I can think of outside of Japan:

Ta. I have seen those but they are very spendy…nice but spendy

Latest posts

Back