Just my input ...
I had a mezzo. I just couldn't get on with it. I felt I was riding monkey style. It just wasn't long enough to get a comfortable ride. I also felt the stem over the front wheel made it feel like the front wheel was tucked under the centre of the bike so never inspired confidence taking corners. I also felt the fold design was complex and not intuitive and folding/unfolding had to be rehearsed

And after puncturing, I destroyed the tyre trying to get it off and destroyed a new tyre trying to get it on. It's as if those 16" rims are slightly oversized. It was this that made me sell it, fearing a puncture out on the road.

Someone in one post mentioned 16" and 20" tyres from kids bikes as an alternative. These are a different 16 and 20", confirmed by the etrto markings

If I got another folder, it would probably be a 20" wheel dahon
Don't know why you had trouble with the tyres, Marathon plus go on and off without problems. Tight, as are all small diameter tyres. I have had no handling issues in the 3 years I've had it, its rigid and fast. The fold is complex. The Dahon my wife has is inferior in ride quality but easier to fold.

Last edited:
Back