Fitting cantis to a Kona with cable stop and dog collar ?

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm just starting to build up my late 96 Kona Hot and I want to fit cantis to it.

Trouble is it has the cable stop to run Vs and the dog collar so I've got a surplus cable stop :? The easiest thing would be to take the dog collar off and run Vs but I really want to run cantis.

So before I spend hours trying to find a solution has anyone been pig headed enough in this situation to still fit cantis :LOL:

Guess that's a no then :LOL: I just don't want to run Vs as if I do its going to turn into a boring grey M950 build :?

Think I'm going to put just a ferrules length of outer in the stop so the cable at least sits right, or it it going to slip out and slide down the cable and annoy me :LOL:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :LOL:

Sussed it now anyway, short length of outer with the final bit of black plastic removed which then sits nicely in the dog collar.

Seems to be o.k mocked up but I'm being dragged to the pub now so it will have to wait until tomorrow to see if it works in practice ;)

I´m in the same boat and have thought about turning my seatpostclamp around and putting this on there:

http://shop4cross.de/komponenten/bremse ... lterh.html

just fear the routing might be too high/not directly enough hitting the triangle. as soon as I find one of those locally I´ll try and fiddle around with it, not fussed with ordering online for now and settling with Vs as well for now.

Harryburgundy":1vfxf7u4 said:
Tut...horrible canti's on a nice frame like that.

Oh no don't say that :LOL: right back to the drawing board then :? just as I had the build ready in my head its all gone to pot :?

The trouble is I can't see past XTR Vs :? and once I fit XTR Vs the rest of the grey descends and I end up with full XTR 950 :? and the frames too pretty for that ;)

Back