ever had a bike stolen?

18 birthday Bickerton Mean Green - had my XT cantis on it, found the bike but it took police 3 hours to turn up - me waaaay too small to tackle Huntingdon's drug nutters back then.

Claud Butler Pagan, locked, nicked before my very eyes, found under a hedge later by police. Apologies from sister of tit that nicked it.

Zaskar - nicked in '98 - as a frame, never thought I'd see it again, almost a year later see some scrote riding round on it, right outside Huntingdon nick - still have said Zaskar ;)

i'd just bought a replacement kona caldera (the 1st one they did, steel) frame to replace my lava dome that'd broke at the back of the drive-side chanstay. i'd spent a few years and lots of paper-round money making it really nice, full xt, red x-lite bits everywhere, brand new hope/mavic wheelset & some c**ts broke into the shed, stole mine, my mate's zaskar & whipped the z1's, wheels & brakes off my bro's mk1 mt vision (it had a datatag sticker on the frame - guess they work!).

i bought a kona pahoehoe with the insurance & had just bought some new wheels for it when.... they broke into the garage & whipped the forks, wheels & brakes off it - i'd bolted a massive piece of angle iron to my dads rafters & d-locked the bike to it... they even nicked my allen keys!!!

i built of '91 (i think) tequesta up for a mate with some really random bits but then another mate borrowed it & left it outside comet unlocked.
i was out with a few mates riding home a few weeks/months later & we saw some t**t riding it. we weren't too keen on taking him on (skinny 16 year olds) so followed him to a blcok of flats & called the police. they basically told us we couldn't do anything even though i told them i could name every part on the bike & still had receipts!!!

i keep my bikes in the house now.

cannondale king":1l2anl0t said:
i managed to catch the bar steward who stole mine i bet the liveing daylights out of him as his answer was "its my bike know even if i nicked what you gonna do about it" he took two weeks to get out of hospital he looks at the floor if he see's me in town  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL: what a cock im proud that i managed to knock some maners into him  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL: did i ever mention i was a navel chef attached to a royal marine squadron  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL: he never pressed charges ever  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL:  :LOL: sorry if this offends anyone but the lad had it coming :roll: :roll: nicking my bike

I don't suppose yoru for hire are you to go give someone a fat lip as I have had a few bikes nicked and all top stuff, none of the saracen specials either :LOL:

Lost my my muddy fox sorceror mega (iirc) and several other bikes whilst growing up when our garage got cleared.

I think so. TBH i was a nipper when i got it. I really just remember it being fluoro green and gone a few weeks after xmas :(

I had my Cannondale nicked from under me ,i was attacked by two junkies who promptly f$3%* stole it ,it was insured for a grand[which i got]
Then the Cops found the bike and i was able to buy it back from the insurance company for £200 :LOL: :LOL: ,they wanted more but i stuck to my guns and beat them down
Then a big cheque from criminal injuries arrived a year later
:D

17/5 dave yates 753
project 2's
mavic headset
zoom bars
girvin flexstem
use bar ends
mavic 717ceramics
xtr
topline cranks
xtr bb
shimano road spd's i prefer single sided, still use em.
zoom post
flite
xtr cantis
xtr mechs
pace rings
ritchey wcs reds, used to last two minutes.

gutted, back in 91.

my 1992 Marin Muirwoods was relieved of its wheels when I was a kid, my mum looked out the kitchen window in the morning to find it upside down on the lawn minus the wheels, that sucked... why didn't they take the whole bike? - consequentialy the shed was somehow linked into the burglerer alarm...
1993 Marin Bear Valley SE with Mag21s and Ringle Bubba Hubs on Mavic Ceramics, along with my mates XT equipped Gary Fisher - Taken from outside local Esso Garage... my dad blew a major fuse as it wasn't locked and it was later discovered we were in the garage buying fags :oops: --- replaced with ----
1995 Kona LavaDome with XT gears and XTR brakes - taken from the alarmed shed, along with my dads Saracen Sahara and my mums Marin hybrid, somehow the alarm didn't sound but insurance paid for new bikes anyhow. I got a Saracen something with XT stuff but I'd lost interest in bikes at that point and sold it...... my dad got the Saracen TerraTrax which i have now
:D :D
Specialized P1 jump bike, taken from outside Tesco in the city centre, locked up with 'decent' lock, only went in to get beers and stuff, 5 mins max, came out...gone... well bum

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

1998 ish, I had just finished building up my first FSR and had put it in my mates bike shop for him to tweak, That night someone ram raided the shop just for my bike and one other. They reversed a car straight through the front of the shop causing it to collapse. The owner of the shop my mate came upto my flat at 5am to break the news to me and as he was stop there talking to me the police rolled up because the ram raiders had swapped motors in the street that was next to my flat. The police saw martin the shop owner talking to me put 2 and 2 together and came up with 6 and straight away accused him of doing an insurance job. Its funny now but wasn't at the time :LOL:

Incidentally i used to see the bike every now and again stripped out of good bits and complete with rattle can paint job with a local scally riding it.

Back