Eroica Britannia 2016 - anyone signed up?

XCDave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Evening all,
Apologies if this has already been raised, I couldn't find it anywhere. Just curious to see if anyone else has signed on for Eroica Britannia next year? My old man and I are on for the medium route again but it would be nice to hook up with some more folks.
D.

Re:

Was seriously considering but it clashes with the Anjou Velo: I'm now all booked - ferry and hotel - to take a bicycle to the Cotentin Peninsula for the first few days of the 2016 Tour de France with a friend, we're watching the TdeF and making a visit to one (or more of the Normandy beaches).

Plus I think there's enough folk on this forum to be running an event for true and loyal enthusiasts of historic machines - not just the beardy tweedy London types.

Jon.

Re:

The hipster vibe is indeed strong but I really enjoyed the ride and entertainment.
Fancied Anjou for a while now, enjoy and report back!

Re:

Yep, me and a few mates are on it. Really looking forward to it. Totaly enjoyed this years one.

Just wish they would extend it to 1990 bikes and so on so we saw a few more of the bright colour bikes and strips

Re:

I heard good things from friends about this year's event so I have signed up for 2016. I would be interested in some future alternative Retrobike event though.

I have signed up again for the medium ride. Third year in a row. I like to take a different bike each time so do I take an existing one or do I need a new (old) build ?

Ouch - £60 for a bike ride...

Which includes entry to the festival for all 3 days plus on the ride free food, tea, champagne, beer at the end and fully signed and marshalled. Compared to sportive prices I think it reasonable.

To be fair, I should have mentioned that for oldies like me it only costs £45. We get a discount by adding to the Event by looking old and fabulous !

Back